Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BT Advert

7 REPLIES
stuart_smiles1
Super Duper Contributor

Just seen a BT advert during X Factor, (9.20 ish ad break) saying if internet goes down they will send a 4g modem to get you going again. What will the equivalent talktalk fix be, how would it work, and what conditions would be required to send out such a device please.

I think if would be an absolute game changer in terms of service availability, and is a brilliant idea. (even better if integrates into hub as an alternate route/backup path. 

you will need to respond to this. providing something similar, delivered quickly and effectively, with deliveroo or amazon, you could have widespread coverage and it dropped off within an hour to urban centres. 

what's the response, why not use for customers now? 

Thanks Stuart
TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

I've seen that advesrt a couple of times now @stuart_smiles1, I think it might be regarded as, 'upping the game'!

ferguson
Community Star

At £61.99 a month I think it might be regarded as "upping the price!"

charlieboy99
Wizz Kid

Am I beeing a bit naive? The advert seems to suggest backup when there is a power failure.

What use is any backup if you have no power.

ferguson
Community Star

The advert is touting 4G backup if your fibre broadband fails.

charlieboy99
Wizz Kid

No good for me. I'm very old fashioned. Yes I have fibre but my phone is very basic, not a smart phone. I'm happy to remain with TT.

ferguson
Community Star

They send you a 4G hub which can be activated in the event of a broadband failure. But the service is only available on the top-end fibre packages with a significant price premium.

TheHornedOne
Enlightened One

@ferguson wrote:

At £61.99 a month I think it might be regarded as "upping the price!"

That IS the game!