Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

No e-mail received

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

The subject would appear to be a problem this morning as I too cannot receive any e-mail.

Whatever happened with the 'Planned Maintenance', shown last week under Service Status? It read:

Planned website maintenance 25th April

We'll be updating some of our websites on Saturday 25th April 2020

Start time - Saturday 25th April 08:00 PM
End time - Sunday 26th April 09:00 AM

Whilst we're completing the updates, the following services will be affected:

• My Account
  • TalkTalk Shop
  • My TalkTalk App
  • TalkTalk TV Box PIN retrieval for purchase

What's the update for?

These routine updates allow us to make improvements to your service, and keep everything running as smoothly as possible.

I and many others would appreciate early action to resolve the problem and and an early explanation as to what happened to cause the problem, following 'PLANNED MAINTENANCE.'

Thank you

Dorset Rover

The Forum is nothing without Gondola...
Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @DorsetRover 

The planned maintenance on MyAccount (Saturday night / Sunday morning) started after the problem with the MX servers was noted at around 9pm on Friday.

The TalkTalk MX servers are responding normally and off-platform mail is being received into talktalk.net mailboxes as normal from around 9am this morning.

Any mail that was accepted for delivery and buffered will be received. 

Otherwise senders will have received "Unable to deliver message after multiple retries" fail to deliver messages so they'll know their sent mail didn't get through.

Gondola - Volunteer 2017-2020

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hey Dorset, 

The previous mail issues are now resolved, if you have any other issues just let us know but can i ask that you keep to a single topic so that we can help you quicker. 

thanks 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I presume your post on Saturday 2nd May refers to my post on Monday 27th April when I and many others reported yet another failure in TalkTalk's e-mail systems.

My question related to the fact that, despite ‘Planned Maintenance’ being carried out the day before, the e-mail problem was still in evidence some 24 hours later on the Monday. A coincidence?

So sorry for referring to the 'No e-mail received' and 'Maintenance' in the same topic.

Perhaps the powers that be might consider having separate topics within ‘E-Mail and Webmail’ for disgruntled customers to use e.g.

• Not receiving e-mail
  • Not sending e-mail
  • Not sending OR receiving e-mail
  • Problems using 3rd party clients – Outlook etc.
  • Problems with Mailboxes
  • What to do if you see a banner in your mailbox stating: ‘You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts.’

Dorset Rover

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Thank you so much StephenF (Community Manager) for your latest e-mail in which you have promoted me to 'Wizz Kid'

Yippee - I must go now and tell my Mummy and Daddy.

I will ask them to send e-mail messages to my Uncles, Aunties, Grannies and Grandpas.

Oh no, I can't do that yet because Daddy has just used that (naughty) word "TalkTalk e-mail isn't working again".

Bye!

Dorset Rover is now a Wizz Kid!!

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

There was 'Planned Maintenance ' last night from 6.0 pm (Saturday 9th May) until 9.0 am this morning, (Sunday 10th May), however the banner:

! You do not have an active TalkTalk Broadband or TalkTalk Mail Plus subscription, so you are no longer able to create or add new email accounts!

still shows in 'Manage TalkTalk mail'.

Clearly no improvement on the title/subject of this post as far as I am concerned - I don't know about other victims.

Will you please endeavour to determine when TalkTalk engineers anticipate rectifying matters?

I look forward to reading your response or a response from one of the OCEs. Thank you.

By the way, it's 2 months to the day since I first posted on this subject, two months and still waiting.

Dorset Rover

Highlighted
Participant

Hi Dorset Rover,

Sorry to see that you are still stuck with this. I don't know exactly what StephenF did for me, but it definitely has worked. I seem to have been registered for this MailPlus add-on, at the time that everything started to work, so must conclude that it must have been part of the fix. 

The warning banner has disappeared from MyAccount-ManageMail, and I seem to have full functionality here. Apart from needing to re-enter my e-mail password when I opened Thunderbird, everything has worked properly since then.

While I didn't specifically ask for MailPlus to be added, I am not going to make any fuss about it - I presume that it will cost a bit more, but in these times, I won't want to risk anything going wrong again.

Good luck

Neil

Neil
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Neil

Thank you for your comment and I'm pleased that your issue(s) would appear to have been resolved. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

I think I might have (politely but firmly) upset him and gondola by 'having a go' about childish messages from T.T. making me a 'Chat Champion' and a 'Wizz Kid' when I would prefer to have seen more pro-active action by T/T. staff, been given more information on what caused the 3rd Party problem, how remedial action was progressing and when I might see the problem fixed.

Reading one of today's posts, I saw that StephenF gave Gondola 10 likes for a response he had given to someone regarding their password and in return Gondola gave StephenF 2 likes for sending the writer a follow up message.

I don't think I will be allowed to join the Mutual Admiration Society...

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Reading one of today's posts, 'I saw that StephenF gave Gondola 10 likes for a response he had given to someone regarding their password and in return Gondola gave StephenF 2 likes for sending the writer a follow up message.'

I noticed that @DorsetRover.  There does seem to be an unprecedented level of 'liking' each other amongst the TalkTalk Community echelon going on at the moment - is it nepotism?

Frequently it does not appear to serve any practical purpose however, a little like the 'badges' you are so proud of Wizz Kid, ha!

~R.

Highlighted
Community Star

I think it is an indication that Gondola's advice was accurate and appreciated and that the time he puts into the community without any form of reward other than seeing customers' problems resolved is respected, @TheHornedOne  & @DorsetRover

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I think we all appreciate the content of your reply but 10 is slightly OTT,  unless there is more to it than meets the eye.

Highlighted
Community Star

StephenF's "like" button is set to 10......so, if he likes your comment, @DorsetRover, he can't give you just one point. 

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Now I understand!

Thank you .

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Now I understand!

It is clearly much the same as receiving one of those Paul Holywood Handshakes @DorsetRover, ha!

~R.