Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

One rule for one and one rule for another

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@StephenF 

According to you in this post you say and I quote. 'anyone is free to comment on any topic '

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/Internet-Issues/m-p/2546547#M774214

So if thats true when why is @ferguson yet again locking topics preventing people giving advice?

It seems to me that Ferguson has a serious issue with @devereux  and accoridng to you not following the community guidelines by just ignoring what devereux has to say.

Oh and dont worry Ferguson you dont need to lock this thead.

I started it and im happy for anyone to respond with anything they have to say.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Nexster  Quote;-  A more recent comment by StephenF.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Email-Webmail/A-question-to-stephenf-talktalk-s-community-manage...

this is and always has been a peer 2 peer support community which is supported by the OCE's to do any "fixing" that's needed.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions.
Highlighted
Community Star

The rules are the same for everyone. Anyone spamming, trolling or otherwise detracting from any member's topic is liable to have their comments moderated in line with the community guidelines. 

Highlighted
First Timer

Could someone look at my post please? Thank you ❤

Ace
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@ferguson wrote:

The rules are the same for everyone. Anyone spamming, trolling or otherwise detracting from any member's topic is liable to have their comments moderated in line with the community guidelines. 

If the rules are the same for everyone then why did you continue to post on devereux's thread when he asked you to stop?

In other words you were spamming and trolling his thread.

The only reason that thread was locked was because you continued to do what you was asked not to and ironically it was you that locked the thread.

Highlighted
Enlightened One

Along similar lines @Nexster , I had occasion to Private Message the Manager myself recently .........

OSTRACISING!
Why are non-community team contributors to forum topics regarded as some kind of lower life, and while I might not be actively prevented from contributing to a topic, why would I be accused of 'trolling' simply because I am not currently a TalkTalk.com customer?

~R.

I did receive a reply ............

Re: OSTRACISING!
Hi You are welcome to contribute to a thread if you feel you can help or offer assitance. As you can appreciate at this time, we are really busy, and people are all anxious and sometimes peoples frustration can show, so we do ask that any community members that help, bear this in mind when posting, and try to offer constructive help as much as possible. Many Thanks

........ but it certainly didn't address my question regarding 'trolling' and effectively made excuses for my accusers actions!

Oh, one other thing, the reply to my PRIVATE Message was NOT from the Manager, but then, I never have trusted that system!

~R.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I feel this topic is a very important topic and that talktalk management need to actually resolve the issue of any community star that uses their power to control and abuse their members.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@devereux wrote:

I feel this topic is a very important topic and that talktalk management need to actually resolve the issue of any community star that uses their power to control and abuse their members.

You should take screen shots of this thread posts of Stephen linked as well as the last litlte run in you just had before they all magically disappear and forwared it to your contact at the CEO's office.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Already forwarded tonights events to CEO office

Highlighted
Community Star

@Nexster wrote:

@ferguson wrote:

If the rules are the same for everyone then why did you continue to post on devereux's thread when he asked you to stop?

In other words you were spamming and trolling his thread.

The only reason that thread was locked was because you continued to do what you was asked not to and ironically it was you that locked the thread.

I have not posted on their thread for quite some time.

Highlighted
Philosopher

@Nexster   don`t take the bait.

If case you have forgotten the Do’s and Don’ts. There are members that have. Remember:-Be yourself and tell it like it is,. Be courteous to other customers. Give others the benefit of the doubt. Update your community profile. The Forum Guidelines apply to ALL members there are/should be, NO exceptions.
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Got a response from Stephen this morning regarding the marqous post, basically saying ferguson persistent ignoring of the rules that have been previously stated was correct.

The assistance I provided to marqous for moving his complaint on have also now been removed by Stephen so it seems providing advice to help someone move their issue forward is now not allowed although.

Highlighted
Community Manager - TT Staff

Hi,

I've locked this thread as it's headed in only one direction so i'll save us all the time and draw the line in the sand now. 

If anyone has any issues with any posts in the community or the conduct of any member they should use the report button and if they need to escalate they can do so by messaging myself and @Lorrainef with the details and we will investigate, id rather anyone do this instead of getting into a heated discussion and if any action is needed Lorraine and I will take it. 

Anyone is free to comment on any topic however if Lorraine or I feel it's not relevant, against the rules or otherwise prevents the OP from getting help such as repeating the same post, this is essentially spamming or posting advice which isn't helpful such as "go to ofcom" will be removed and our word is final on that. 

Locking topics is standard practice until a member of staff can review and make a final decision, if a topic is locked in error or poor judgement it will be re-opened but this is and should be done, not to censor anyone but rather mitigate spiralling out of control until we can review. 

Stephen, Community Manager

Our latest Blog l Share your Ideas l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars l Set your preferences

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.