Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Think you have a problem with TT? Read this one

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Posted as a little light relief to the frustrations of dealing with TT. They have excelled themselves here, I hope all involved get a badge for going above and beyond the level of stupidity we have come to expect from TT.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/experts/article-8326131/TONY-HETHERINGTON-Mr-Chief-Accountant-does...

Highlighted
Wise Owl

So what has happened, it appears, is that at the beginning of the customer's contract someone has made a mistake and entered the customer's stated job title as the account holder's name. From that point onwards, this has been used by the automated systems as the account holder name.

I get the impression that the TalkTalk responses come from first line support staff who, I'm sure we have all experienced, frequently just blindly follow what the computer tells them and seem unable or unwilling to use their own initiative.

I don't work for TalkTalk and I don't mean to make any apologies for their pathetic standard of call centre cutomer support staff, but I wonder if the customer had escalated the issue to a complaint with the CEO's office (as I had to do on one occasion) and spoken to someone who understood the issue and was able to use a bit of intelligence and common sense, would they maybe have been able to get the problem resolved just as easily as the newspaper's superhero problem solver?

Highlighted
Community Star

It is a hilarious read, @jaspertat ! 😊

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Star

If that is TalkTalk residential then in a way I am not surprised that they struggled to deal with what seems to be, or perhaps should have been a business account. We are of course only seeing part of the story in order to create the intended "journalistic" effect. Anyway, I am sure whichever OCE picks up on this will be delighted to be dragged away from dealing with other genuine customer problems to have a laugh. 

Highlighted
Wise Owl

@ferguson wrote:

We are of course only seeing part of the story in order to create the intended "journalistic" effect.

Absolutely. We all know that newspapers aren't known for telling the whole truth. Clearly this columnn is intended to portray businesses in a bad light and their problem solver as some kind of superhero who dashes in and fixes issues which your ordinary consumer couldn't possibly have done themselves.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

"fixes issues which your ordinary consumer couldn't possibly have done themselves" is rather the point isn't it?  Of course customers are powerless to fix problems created by TT's staff. Look around you, these pages are full of customers who have problems created by TT's woefullly inadequate customer service staff, the sort of problem that should and could be fixed on the first contact.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

"I am sure whichever OCE picks up on this will be delighted to be dragged away from dealing with other genuine customer problems to have a laugh."

Well, I guess it will make a change from fixing the multitude of problems cause by TT's own customer service staff?

Highlighted
Community Star

@jaspertat Why did you post in the help section? You could have gone in the Lounge and enjoyed your reactions there. 

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

The intention was to cheer up  was to cheer up those who have billing problems, to let them know it isn't them, it's TT.

Highlighted
Community Star

Ah.

Highlighted
Wise Owl

@jaspertat wrote:

"fixes issues which your ordinary consumer couldn't possibly have done themselves" is rather the point isn't it?  Of course customers are powerless to fix problems created by TT's staff. Look around you, these pages are full of customers who have problems created by TT's woefullly inadequate customer service staff, the sort of problem that should and could be fixed on the first contact.

I agree that TalkTalk's first line support is often very poor and the problem should really be fixed sooner but I still believe that the customer could probably have got it sorted themselves if they had escalated their complaint up to the level of getting someone with the authority and common sense to get it fixed.

The only reason I can see to get a third party who writes a newspaper column to do it for you is to publicly ridicule TalkTalk for an (admittedly rather comical) error a menber of staff made.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I fear you (AllyM) are falling into the typical response of a failing business - You are blaming the customer for the failings of TT's processes.

A customer calls TT support with the not unreasonable expectation they are speaking to a representative of TT who is willing and able to resolve the matter, or at least, if they cannot immediately resolve it, initiate a process within TT that will lead to its resolution.  Surely, you don't expect the customer to have prior knowledge of who will be charged with completing that task; the complaints staff or the CEO's office or the green team or the gold team or whatever they call themselves?

Of course, this begs the question, If TT's call centre staff are not there to resolve customer's problems and they are not there to initiate a process that will lead to their resolution then What are they for?

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@jaspertat wrote:

I fear you (AllyM) are falling into the typical response of a failing business - You are blaming the customer for the failings of TT's processes.

A customer calls TT support with the not unreasonable expectation they are speaking to a representative of TT who is willing and able to resolve the matter, or at least, if they cannot immediately resolve it, initiate a process within TT that will lead to its resolution.  Surely, you don't expect the customer to have prior knowledge of who will be charged with completing that task; the complaints staff or the CEO's office or the green team or the gold team or whatever they call themselves?

Of course, this begs the question, If TT's call centre staff are not there to resolve customer's problems and they are not there to initiate a process that will lead to their resolution then What are they for?

A failing business 'you say' which you seem to have no problems renewing your contract with.

So either its clearly not that bad or your just a massive hypocrite.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Actually, in common with many posters here, TT customer service did give me problems renewing my contract but then the nice lady in complaints agreed to my cheeky offer.  Why is it hypocritical to go for the lowest price?