Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

150 Fibre support questions ?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Just a few query's.

My broadband was upgraded from the faster fibre to the 150 fibre last Wednesday 12/02/20.

When I was on faster fibre the speeds where very good 74Mbps download and 19.5Mbps upload and very stable.

The new 150 download speed varies but I have seen 148 Mbps download speed, the upload however does seem lower average at about 16Mbps .  Could the download and upload speed be checked as the upload should be higher. What is the actual max 150 upload speed, is it 25-30  Mbps ?   can my upload speed be improved.

I have measuring the speed at the router and used various speed checkers and using Ethernet cable to PC as wifi can vary. 

The modem is a MT992, is there no admin/control panel to login to see stats and setup or check sync speeds etc or are customers locked out of that part ?

Also I opted for the Welcome pack to be sent by email, nothing has arrived yet. Not fussed though on that one.

The router - super hub after testing and various adjustments to get the max stable speed I could (default setup gave slower speed than my old setup)  and 2.4 Wifi was very poor and erratic. I decided to use my own router that was used with my old faster fibre setup.

I am now using my own router TP Link VR2800, that works very well with the MT992 Modem.

The more important one for me is the upload speed being at maximums and the speeds both ways being stable .

My details are all added to my profile.

Thank You

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bearback,

I'm sorry for the delay and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. The downstream sync speed looks very consistent and the upstream does look like it has been varying a bit. Just to confirm, was the upload speed higher to begin with (when first installed) and then dropped? 

How is the overall performance of the connection?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster

The upload speed when first connected was about 18 - 19

The overall connection download wise seems to be stable during the day, drops slightly in the evenings. Can the upload speed be improved any further, what should it be 25-30 ?

could you be so kind and answer my other questions ?

Thank you for your reply.

Highlighted

Hi

Line is in sync at 160mb Down and 19.8mb up.  This is the correct speed for the line and the profile is set to allow the line to perform as it should.

Speeds are within the estimated range, and the predicted for the upstream is 12-28mb.  As the profile is set at 30mb to allow the line to achieve the best upload speed, then 19 is possibly the best it will achieve and is within expected value.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Without being to picky it does say on the website when ordering  Average upload speeds of 25Mb/s

2020-02-19_10-59-33.png

Lastly is there an admin panel for the MT992 modem ?  and I did not receive the Welcome Pack

Thank you

Highlighted

Hi

No admin panel for the MT992 as it's an Openreach Modem, so is locked down.

All the info in the welcome pack can be viewed in My Account.

Thanks

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster

thank you for your help

Highlighted

No Problem.

Karl.

Working From Home Tips