Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

150 fibre and router question

3 REPLIES 3
bearback
Popular Poster

Hi

I now have the 150 fibre in my area and looking at upgrading.

I currently use my own router, can this be used with the 150 fibre. ?

Also if the 150 fibre is available does that mean the 300 boost is available ?? cannot find any info on the 300 except in terms and conditions

my area is MK45 3AD

Thank You

OCE_Karl
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If Fibre 150 is available to you, you can use your own router however this will be used connected to a BT modem

Usually BT will install their modem to the phone socket and then connect our wifi hub to their modem.  If your own router is fibre compatible then you could use this connected to the BT Modem.

The 300 speed boost would also be available however depending on how the 150 service performs will help determine the benefit from adding the speed boost.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

bearback
Popular Poster

Thank you for your reply, I have ordered 150 and will see how that goes before updating to 300.

my router is a modem/router and use that at present as its better than talktalks.

will see how the bt modem goes but will probably use my own router/modem again.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi bearback,

Please let us know how you get on with Fibre 150

Chris