Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

18YEARS WITH TALKTALK SICK OF GETTING CUT OFF

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi all, best write this as fast as i can as our internet keeps going off in last two weeks its gone off 19 times, bit fed up with it now, few days back i chatted to 6 diffrent talktalk guys all same thing, thick as puddings tell you to go to your mobile and then cut you off, waste of time, my next move is i will be going to phone BT up and move to them wether our contract is just into 3months i hear they pay it off and take us with them, ive been with talktalk 18 years and this last three years as been hell, on my 2nd new router had new cables fitted by bt new pc and new windows 10, but still the want to blame me, last person i spoke to i tried to conect up to talktalk on mobile phone internet was dead, im at my wits end as my wife sends work to colledge and carnt do this with out internet, our speed as dropped, im sure somebody over where the people chat from just like messing with us turning things off, weve had enough now, time to move some where else where the internet will work where the staff will help with out getting bloody cut off, who treat new clients with respect, ive not seen that yet from talktalk 18 years would think it would count for something, our exchange is about 10mins walk not far from us, but still talktalk want to blame our cables or router or pc, either sort this out or we walk and every body i know who is on talktalk will know how rubbish you are, im really fed up with this service we get.

a very angry talktalk client

Mike
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, just to let you know the phone works and even took the test socket off and tried the phone all ok, since this fault started weve had about 6 engineers out from openreach who have checked our house cables all tested ok on soak test, just fed up these last 5 days the router reboots at 02:45 eack morning weid then after 10 mins fires up.

FED UP WITH TALKTALK SERVICE

Mike
Highlighted
Problem Solver

A reconnect in the early hours of the morning could be the DLM is kicking in. If you've had a new router and you are connected directly to your test socket then it sounds (to me) like it's something external to your property which may also be why the DLM is kicking in.

I appreciate your frustration but I think you will find you get much better support here than via the web chat or support lines.

Problem is its the weekend and the OCE's only work during the week but I'm sure they will pick your thread up on Monday.

When you are connected is the speed, ping, jitter, etc. ok or not. Your answer may help the OCE's narrow down the problem.

Fritz

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi, we are useing the master socket with the filters  built in the internet just keeps going off and the ten mins back on again, im sick of checking my pc and the wires like talktalk want you to do, i do the test before i go on line in chat, the run the tests more offten then not they ask for mobile but never phone you what should take 30mins last sunday took me 4 hours, 6 talktalk people i was so fustrated , the ping rate is between 12 and 14 on speed test while in games its 35, ive notticed that netflix and skype or discorde is slow i was in a game with some friends i had to turn voice off as it was breaking up utube is bad as well its like im not getting enopugh speed.

the thing is weve been with you 18 years and we are getting fed up of been fobbed off nothing been done, theres faster internet services out there so im looking on moveing as i said its just dragging on and all talktalk care about is money.

i talked my family into going with you again but now i wish i had gone with virgin instead faster internet and from what i hear very good service, the house phone is ok no noises on the line, thanks for comming back to this fritz.

mike

Mike
Highlighted
Participant

Hi Mike

I am in same situation as you!!

15 years with TT and never have had such bad service.

2 weeks ago, we had strong winds and rain, and since then, my broadband keeps cutting off. Telephone exchange is only 500 yards away.

Have had chat live (from abroad) multiple times and had to wait with mobile for supposed tests, but nothing ever happens. Useless is being polite.

Just had to redo this response because I got cut off!

Where is the UK TT technical team which was available a few years back and which was more apt at sorting out broadband issues?

I have given up and like you will be looking to moving onto another provider.

Best of luck.

Steven

Highlighted
Problem Solver

So is it just a problem with disconnects & instability or is there a general speed issue? What are your speeds?

TBH 12-14 ping on a speed test isn't so bad but I think it could be slightly lower if to the TT Speed Test (mine is 6/7). If I understand it correctly then the TT Speed Test is to their servers so there are only a few hops. 3rd party speed tests are to remote servers so your ping is likely to be higher anyway.

Where are the game servers you play on? 35 again isn't massive although I appreciate generally the lower the ping the better. For example, I get 6/7 to TT, 12/14 to 3rd party speed tests and 20/30 to EA (BF V) servers in Germany.

Try a line quality test on DSLReports (you have to allow ICMP requests on your router for it to work). If you can find the setting chose Ireland servers (it will run to them anyway but also others all over the world so selectng Ireland just reduces the info you get back). It can show if there is an issue with packet loss/ jitter./etc. Also a TT one and post the results. The info may help the OCE's.

If you have had a new router and are connected directly to the test socket then I suspect that the issue is external so you may need OR to look at it. Again it's something the OCE's will have to advise on and organise if necessary.

I think they start quite early on Monday.

Fritz

Highlighted
Problem Solver

@StevenR2 I think you will find you get far better support here than the web chat or telephone support but if you want help then you will need to start your own thread. It's because similar symptoms aren't necesarily down to the same issue and it's also far easier for the OCE's to track the issue if its in its own thread.

Having said that from a personal point of view its interesting that your problems started two weeks ago. Could it have been on the 7th November? If you look in your router logs it may give you an idea if something against that date.

fritz

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi, just looking in the logs found errors and other things will copy and paste in here ok you might know what they are but ive no idea, internet went off today as well but for 6 mins max.

been ok rest of day, just getting fed up with this problem, its aboput time talktalk treat there long time customers better then the ones that sign up, wife and kids and im getting fed up now, there faster internet providers out there, thanks for getting back to me,

mike 

7.11.2019 12:48:15ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.STUDENT.BARNSLEY.AC.UK)
17.11.2019 12:43:58InfoWIFI
A WiFi device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
17.11.2019 12:43:22InfoWIFI
Device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
17.11.2019 11:58:15ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.STUDENT.BAR)
17.11.2019 11:49:14ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.STUDENT.BAR)
17.11.2019 11:33:30InfoWIFI
A WiFi device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
17.11.2019 11:33:29InfoWIFI
Device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
17.11.2019 11:18:02InfoWIFI
Device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
17.11.2019 11:15:39InfoWIFI
A WiFi device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
17.11.2019 11:01:28InfoWIFI
A WiFi device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> has successfully connected to SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_PRIV])
17.11.2019 10:50:15ErrorDNS
17.11.2019 09:51:13ErrorDNS
17.11.2019 09:02:15ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.STUDENT)
DNS name resolution failure (_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.STUDENT.BARNSLEY.AC.UK)
17.11.2019 09:01:27ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.STUDENT)
7.11.2019 12:48:15ErrorDNS
17.11.2019 12:43:58InfoWIFI
17.11.2019 12:43:22InfoWIFI
17.11.2019 11:33:30InfoWIFI
17.11.2019 11:33:29InfoWIFI
Device <E4:A7:C5:22:26:27> was disconnected on SSID (Device/WiFi/SSIDs/SSID[WL_VIDEO_5G])
17.11.2019 11:18:02InfoWIFI
17.11.2019 11:15:39InfoWIFI
17.11.2019 11:01:28InfoWIFI
17.11.2019 08:52:25ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_VLMCS._TCP.student.barnsley.ac.uk)
17.11.2019 08:52:25ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_VLMCS._TCP.barnsley.ac.uk)
17.11.2019 08:52:13ErrorDNS
17.11.2019 08:52:13ErrorDNS
17.11.2019 08:52:11ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_kerberos._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.barnsle)
17.11.2019 08:52:11ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_kerberos._tcp.dc._msdcs.barnsley.ac.uk)
17.11.2019 08:47:41ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_VLMCS._TCP.student.barnsley.ac.uk)
17.11.2019 08:47:41ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_VLMCS._TCP.barnsley.ac.uk)
17.11.2019 08:47:28ErrorDNS
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.lan.student)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.lan.barnsle)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.lan.student.barnsley.ac.uk)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.lan.barnsley.ac.uk)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.lan.student)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.Default-First-Site-Name._sites.dc._msdcs.lan.barnsle)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.lan.student.barnsley.ac.uk)
DNS name resolution failure (_ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.lan.barnsley.ac.uk)

17.11.2019 01:46:04WarningDHCPC
The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36
Mike
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi stevenR2, well we are sick of trying to get to the bottom of this, it all started with our cables were at fault, bt came out fixed them, then we had phone issues, got tt to try fix issue again we get blame for cables. we had independant guy out w paid £150 to get cables fixed, bt came out to put new master socket in, its problem after problem they blame bt and bt blame tt, just fed up tt tried to send one of there guys out and i said no thanks we would have nothing then as last time the guy was that good he cam to fix the internet and left us with no house phone and chopped extension wires,its good when the internet is working, we get 71.50 great but it never stays at that it was 60mb this week and the netflix and games were lagging, they do the £10 off the month bill thinking its nice, im looking at going with bt  and friend says they will pay the rimainder of our talktalk fine you get.

i was on line one some years ago and talktalk took over just fed up, be nice to talk to some body english who doesant read off cards or internet crib boards, im not dumb im into electronics 

Mike
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hello,

I'm really sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault towards the property and the connection looks very unstable. Could I just confirm, is the router connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi, the router is conected to the new router which is conected to the master socket  this was checked by btopenreach every time they have visited us,talktalk always point the finget at our house as been the fault, the last two guys who came out from talktalk said there could be a fault with the overhead cable, ive no idea in not a bt engineer, what i do know is we are a little fed up of not getting what we pay for from you and un happy.

mike 

Mike
Highlighted

Hi M0FCG,

Apologies for the confusion, do you have 2 routers connected? Or is this a modem and a router? Does the master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Conversation Starter

Hi, not been  able to do any testing of the talktalk service due to doing other things, our internet as still been going off all week just now it went off and weve no idea why, we only have the one new router that talktalk sent us we are on our 2nd one, yes the master socket as a test socket as its the latest test socket openreach put in, and they did a few soak tests on the test socket, ive took the front off and put our house phone in and it works ok the phone works ok any way, its just your bloody internet, my son was doing colledge work on it and it went off, when ive gone in the router and checked in the log its come up with this >

The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36

will get intouch with talktalk sat morning and if this is not cleared up in a week i will be calling it a day with talktalk after 18 years.

mike 

Mike
Highlighted
Conversation Starter

hi, can i just point out on our master socket it says 5c when i take the front off theres only one plug you can put in there and thats the phone jack no internet, tried that tonight of course the internet will go off like the people in your call service says, so wonder what tests you will perform this morning when i waste my time again trying to solve why our internet goes off, im sure the people get great joy out of cutting us off while they laugh about it, today our internet does not know where its going.

mike 

Mike
Highlighted
Philosopher

Once you take the front cover (faceplate) off you are correct that the test socket is a phone connection.

Therefore you need to connect one of the supplied MICROFILTERS to the test socket, then plug your router cable into the appropriate (ADSL/fibre) socket of the filter.

This configuration will mean that only the broadband is connected and will have eliminated all internal wiring.

If you need to make a call, plug your phone into the other socket of the filter.

Martin
Highlighted

Hi M0FCG,

I'm sorry to hear this. Is the microfilter, router and phone connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks