Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

2 broadbands in one house

2 REPLIES 2
losty
First Timer

I have virginmedia already installed in my home, but have talktalk coming out in the morning to install, because the internet is installed on the top floor but it doesn't reach to the computers downstairs, so we are always being disconnected. The internet upstairs uses a phone line in the hallway to upstairs, but we have a phone line from BT that was already installed when we moved here, but when virgin installed they said they couldnt connect via the BT line. Would TalkTalk be able to or not? I go back to college in September and as my PC is downstairs, I will need internet connection due to the work all being online.

ferguson
Community Star

TalkTalk will install using a BT Openreach line. But if I understand you correctly you seem to be employing a very costly solution to having the internet available in different parts of the house. 

Community Team

Hi

I picked up some external grade ethernet cable on a reel for about £30 and just ran a cable from upstairs to down, and connected an ethernet socket at each end.

Plugged in a router upstairs as well as down, to increase wifi coverage also, so no need for a second line in my case.

Thanks

Karl.