Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

25565 not opening

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Participant

im portforwarding a minecraft server but even though the rule shows the port isnt showing open and its allowed through the firewall i have also tried on a different pc but still no joy 

Highlighted
Community Star

To keep things together @CARLS1976 , so as I don't have to look at someone else's thread, please can you provide a screenshot of your port forwarding rule. Also please remind me of how you have setup the IP address of the PC, is it a static address, or a DHCP reserved one?

I seem to remember that the port was allowed as TCP or UDP on the hub, but which is it TCP or UDP, as this affects testing?

Please can you confirm your exact method of testing that you are trying?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Participant

port forwarding.pngip reserved in router control panel its a tcp/udp rule, testing via portchecker site and also on minecraft 

Highlighted
Community Star

In my last post, I did ask you is Minecraft using TCP port 25565 or is it UDP port 25565, as I said this affects testing, Please can you answer this as it it is very important. Your port forwarding rule I have tested using TCP port 25565 and it works perfectly & with the way you set it up, it will also forward UDP port 25565.

However, if Minecraft uses UDP port 25565, no port checker is compatible with any UDP ports, they only work with TCP, due to the totally different session setup of TCP, in fact UDP does not setup any sessions itself, it simply sends a UDP packet from one end & couldn't care less if it reaches the distant end.

You say you have also tested on Minecraft, please can you elaborate on what you mean by this, I have no knowledge of any games, but lots of networking knowledge.

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Participant

its using tcp and after deleting the rule for the 3rd time and redoing it it seems to have started working 

Highlighted
Community Star

Great stuff.

Keith