cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

72mb fibre connection now almost useless.

15 REPLIES 15
Whizz Kid

Apologies but i cant find my previous posts about the problems im having with my fibre connection. As others know, my connection seems to have a mind of its own, dead phone line, squeals, crackles, echos and connection issues. For the past few days everything seemed to work as it should, until this morning. My fibre connection seems to drop and disconnect from anything to a few seconds to a few minutes. Speed has also dropped. I have performed all the tests you have told me to do. I am paying every month for a service that is getting steadily worse.

Here are my recent router stats:

Line State:Modulation:Annex Mode:DSL (Sync) Uptime:
up
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX_B
0d:0h:8m:16s
  UpLink / DownLinkSNR Margin:Line Attenuation:Output Power:Data Rate:ES:SES:UAS:FEC:CRC:
6.1 dB / 6.0 dB
0.1 dB / 9.6 dB
4.4 dbm / 4.2 dbm
13134 kbps / 60630 kbps
0 / 1
0 / 0
326 / 326
2 / 220279

0 / 1

Community Star

I assume this is the thread you had before:-

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Fibre-connection-keeps-dropping-crackiling-line/...

Anyway, I will ask the OCEs to get involved with it again.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi stevebrum74,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see re-connections on the line. Is the noise/no dial tone still intermittently present on the line at the moment?

Thanks

Whizz Kid

There is a dial tone, however there is a slight crackle.

Hi stevebrum74,

Can you still hear the crackle if you just have the telephone connected (router disconnected)?

Chris

Whizz Kid
OCE_ Chris.
The noises crackles and hisses are completely intermittent. Ive tried no router, new phone, sometimes the noises are there and other times the line is perfect, and other times the line is dead, this issue has been going on since last year. At times the line will behave exactly like its supposed to, then it will just start to go nuts! Saturday the router was dropping so often my net connection was about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Sunday it behaved normally. This morning there was no crackle, this afternoon there is a slight one. I have performed these ''tests'' over and over,
As of right now there is no crackle.

Hi stevebrum74

Is the router currently connected at the test socket? I can then raise this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

Yes its been connected to the test socket over a week now.

Hi stevebrum74

Thanks for your reply.

I've escalated this fault over to our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi stevebrum74

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

I have replied.

Hi stevebrum74,

I've replied to your PM requesting a bit more information

Thanks

Chris

Thanks for the PM. I've passed on your availability to our network team. We'll let you know when we receive confirmation of the date booked

Thanks

Chris

Hi Steve,

Our network team have confirmed that the engineer is booked for May 20 2019, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Whizz Kid

Hi all, as you know i was awaiting a BTOpenreach engineer, booked for today, when he turned up my net connection dropped. He ran diagnostics and found that my line was running at 63% he checked the cabinet found no fault he then checked the line "joints" and found my fault.

Before he turned up my router was syncing at 53mb,

He gave me a new connection from the cabinet to telephone pole, and now my router is syncing at 71.3mb.

Very pleasant phone engineer, Good work BTOR. Gonna keep an eye on it.

Here are my latest stats:

Line State:Modulation:Annex Mode:DSL (Sync) Uptime:
up
ITU G.993.2(VDSL2)
ANNEX_B
0d:0h:29m:36s
  UpLink / DownLinkSNR Margin:Line Attenuation:Output Power:Data Rate:ES:SES:UAS:FEC:CRC:
6.0 dB / 5.8 dB
0.1 dB / 9.7 dB
4.4 dbm / 4.4 dbm
15314 kbps / 73188 kbps
0 / 9
0 / 0
4943 / 4943
0 / 52
0 / 9

Hi stevebrum74

Thanks for keeping us updated. I'm glad to hear that the speed has now increased.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie