would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

ASUS RT-AC88u with Sagamcom

ANSWERED
6 REPLIES
Prash2k
Repeat Guest

I had talk talk fiber broadband with Sagamcom hub installed today. 

I spoke to the tehcinical team prior to installing to ask if  I can use my Asus RT-AC88u as a router and use the Talk talk Sagamcom as a modem 

after 1 hour and 2 complaints I was told yes. I have called several times but the tech team cannot help

How do I place the talk talk Sagamcom into modem or bridge mode so I can use my own router?

what settings do i need?

do you have a guide for the process?

KeithFrench
Community Star

The WiFi hub cannot be put into either into modem or bridge mode. However, what you can do is connect the hub to the incoming line and the Asus in bridge mode. This means that all routing will be done by the hub. I can give more details on this if it is what you want to do.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Prash2k
Repeat Guest
Hi Keith.

Thanks that would be great!
Would it be worth getting a open reach modem and using that with my router?
Divsec
Community Star
@KeithFrench , Forgive me for interfering.
@Prash2k I'm doing pretty much the same as you, using the sagemcom as a router, disabling WiFi, and using an Asus router. I haven't even put the router into bridge mode. For My sins I bought a vigor 130 which didn't really do it for me, long story.
Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
KeithFrench
Community Star

This is basically what you need to do, it is not unique to the WiFi Hub & in principle, it applies to your Asus router. Please see the attachment.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Prash2k
Repeat Guest

Thanks for the replies @Divsec @KeithFrench

Looks like we’re all on the Sunday tech day!

what are your thoughts on a getting a open reach modem, connecting directly to microfilter and going onto the router. 

Seen them 2nd hand for around £20

I was under the impression that repeating increases ping bad for gaming. I’m happy to be wrong...

Highlighted
Prash2k
Repeat Guest
Solution
Ok so found the answer if you want to USE YOUR OWN ROUTER WITH THE NEW TALKTALK SUPER HUB

1 - Purchase and 2nd hand open reach modem

2 - connect new open reach modem to micro filter wait for lights to stabilise

3 - connect LAN of open reach modem to router

4 - access router dashboard. If you want to you can clone the MAC address. No need for passwords, bridging etc. It should just work