Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Access Denied to Samsung Software Server

ANSWERED
27 REPLIES 27
Highlighted
Wise Owl

I have posted this issue earlier this week, but not specifically acknowledged, so here i go for a second attempt.

My Samsung Tablet will not access their Software Update Server through my home network. I get an error message network or server error. I can access through EE mobile network using my mobile as a hotspot. Does anyone know why I am likely to have this problem with this particular device. Other make of devices I have do not present this update problem. I am thinking the issue is all pointing toward a TalkTalk Network Issue relative to my Samsung Tablet?

Comments will be gratefully received.

Highlighted
Community Star
  1. Hi Giraffe, my guess is the DNS servers at Talktalk, they seem to get confused from time to time. Try the Google servers 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 Changing DNS to 3rd Party Alternative 
I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Wise Owl

Hi Divsec

Thanks for your advice but I do not want nor feel happy altering connection settings in my TalkTalk Router so although you may have a solution I will hold fire for now and look to using my Mobile hotspot as before to pick up any future Samsung Tablet updates. The apps update ok so it is only Android 9 OS updates that are an issue.

What I had been hoping for having now posted twice, first lost somewhere, is a TT representative may have taken an interest but that does not appear to be happening.

It seems to me from my simple analogy of my tablet problem there is a possibility of an issue between Samsung Software Update Servers and TalkTalk Internet service but I also accept I could be barking up the wrong tree?

It would be interesting to know if other people with Samsung Devices have experienced a similar problem?

Any that completes my story for now.

Many thanks.

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi Giraffe,

yes, I'm experiencing exactly the same thing with my Samsung phone. 

It's so frustrating and there's no way I can afford to do all my software updates over my mobile data allowance.  I've been speaking to the technicians at Samsung and my mobile provider, via live chat and phone,  trying to get them to understand that there seems to be an incompatibility. 

They were trying to get me to send my new phone back, but I feel the problem lies with Talk Talk / Samsung internet server problems. 

I haven't got a clue how to reset DNS and I am really not confident to do so without a run through.

Highlighted
Philosopher

Hi,

Have experienced the same problem over the last few weeks.I,m using the S8 Phone..when I select Software Update it buffers for about 5 mins.."Checking for Updates" then " I get "Unable to update software.A Network Error has occurred"

My Last update for this phone was on the 23rd Sept..so was working before that.

When I switch to Mobile Data..it checks for Updates and tells me All is Up-to-date.

Can,t find anything relating to this on Samsung Members, forum.

So..the problem has to be with TT.

Any of the OCE,s have a look at this please?

Just another point..My son carried out an update on his I-Phone yesterday and that worked..

Cheers.

YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff
Solution

Hi Giraffe,

I've personally not experienced this issue with the two samsung devices in our household (Galaxy S9+ and S7). if you haven't tried this already, I'd suggest switching your router off for 30 minutes then switch back on an retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Highlighted
Wise Owl

Well Chris what can I say, your are a genius. My tablet now connects to the Samsung Software Update Server. Switched of my router for 1/2 hour as suggested then restarting and that has done the trick. Problem now solved for me I hope it works for the others who posted.

G

Highlighted

That's great news Giraffe, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Philosopher
Will try this when I get home this evening and report back.
I did send an Error Report to Samsung..waiting too on their reply
It,s strange that an I Phone can Update but a Samsung cant..via WIFI
YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted

OK, look forward to hearing how you get on 🙂

Chris

Highlighted
Philosopher
Unfortunately Chris still the same after a reboot.
Its hangs for 5 mins or so then tells me there is a Network Error,which clearly there isn't as I,m connected to my Home Network.
Again son was able to update IOS without any problems
YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted

Hi GerryMac,

Just to confirm, was the router switched off for the full 30 minutes?

Thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher
Yes Michelle...
Switched it off early yesterday morning..Then last night..got home from work and tried to Check for Updates.
Have said..waiting on Samsung to get back to me about this..but tbh IOS updated which is strange.
Cheers
YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted

Hi GerryMac,

Do you have more than one Samsung device? Do you have an alternative router?

Thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher
The OH has a Samsung Tablet and that's the same...Network.Error/Server Error when trying to update.
No other router for testing purposes..
Still waiting on Samsung getting back with their feedback in this issue.
There are no pending updates on the phone because I can use my Mobile Data to check.
Thanks Michelle
YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted
Philosopher
Brought the work tablet home and tried a Software Update on that device.

Same result..Connecting to Server...trying for over 10 mins..Same result..No Updates
Cheers
YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted
Community Star

Hey @GerryMac have you tried the alternative DNS servers as @Divsec  suggested earlier?

Highlighted
Philosopher
No...unsure how to do that...Sorry
YNWA-JFT 96

Highlighted
Community Star

Using 3rd Party DNS should do it for you😀

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Philosopher
Have looked in Settings Page of HG633 Router and the said box is indeed unticked 🙄
YNWA-JFT 96