Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Advice on speed boost please

6 REPLIES 6
Popular Poster

Good morning technical team.

I would like some advice please regarding my circuit. I recently tried to re-contract my service and I was told by the adviser that they could not re-contract my speed boost as that service is not available on my line. I have been paying for this service for many years now so I do not understand. They advised I raise the issue with the technical team so please advice.

For info my router is currently showing an available rate of almost 50Mbps and is synced at 44Mbps.

Thank you.

Community Star

If you are sync's at 44M, then the speed boat is active.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi mdph1978

Exactly as Keith says, if it's in sync at 44 then the boost is active.

To be doubly sure, I've checked your line and it does show the boost is in place.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Popular Poster

Thanks Karl, but I understand it is already in place. I just could not understand why they could not re-contract me. At first I was told that I could retain my speed boost at half price for 18 months and then I was told that they could not apply it to my account as that service was not available on my line?

Hi

If you are only just in sync above 40mb then you may not be able to have the boost added at renewal.

New rules have come into play that will stop the boost from being applied if there is no benefit.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Popular Poster

Thanks for confirming Karl. So if I was to drop the boost and save the £5/month am I likely to see any difference in performance? Does it affect the upload bandwidth in any way? I remember some ways back that without the boost upload was limited to 2Mbps right?

Hi

The upload would be up to 10 mb on the standard fibre and as your router is in sync at 44mb then it should sync at the full 40mb.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips