would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Amazon Prime Buffering all the time

15 REPLIES 15
Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

I have recently installed TalkTalk fibre and TV. However Amazon prime on the TalkTalk box buffers all the time. Tried to watch a couple shows (The Grand Tour) and buffers every few seconds. Ended up watching it on my IPAD without any issues. The network speed is around 30-40 Mb/s.

I have followed other threads, i.e. change resolution, reset box, etc... Still have the issue. Seems like the Amazon Prime App on the box is the issue.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kenton11,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

updated profile as requested.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kenton11,

Thanks for updating your profile but could you also add your TalkTalk landline telephone number to your Community Profile so that we can identify you on our systems

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

done. Set it as the primary phone number

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Kenton11,

Thanks for adding your landline number 

Line test is passing and sync speed looks OK.

Can you confirm that when you run Amazon Prime on your iPad, you're connecting through your router and not connecting to a mobile network 

Do you access any other streaming services via the TalkTalk box? If you do then do they run OK?

Chris

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

Yes everything runs through the router (+ wifi).

Other streaming services on the TalkTalk box work without any issues.

Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks,

Does the buffering occur every time you watch anything on Amazon Prime? Is it worse a certain time of day?

Chris

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

It was generally occurring on certain shows, i.e. the Grand Tour. But does not buffer on some kids shows (like Dino Dina).

I just tested it now and is not buffering at all. So seems it could affected by the time of day.

Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks. Could you monitor it over the weekend and let us know roughly what times you experience problems. Could you also note if you are accessing the internet on any other devices when the buffering occurs (such as another family member watching Youtube on another device)

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

Tried to watch on Friday 20:30 and buffered all the time so i ended up watching the show on my IPAD again (no buffering). Tried again now (Sunday 18:00) and is buffering all the time. IPad again having no problems using the same network.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi 

Can you try a facory reset of the youview box from the settings menu.   The down side of this, is that recordings are erased, but this seems to have resolved the issue for some others.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

I have done the resets before. Does not solve the issue.

There was no buffering last night (monday) on the TV so it seems this issue happens mainly on weekends.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Did you perform the maintenance reset or the full factory reset.  I've found the maintenance reset did not resolve this in the past but a full factory reset did - strange I know, but this worked for a couple of customers.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Kenton11
Chatterbox

Hi, I have done both. Neither resolved the issue.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

OK, I'm still investigating this issue, but am thinking it has to be something to do with the app itself.  No network issues are detected, with other devices working fine, then it can only be the app.

Thanks

Karl.