Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Amazon prime buffering all the time

37 REPLIES 37
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I’m a new amazon prime video user on TalkTalk. So far it’s been awful.

watching live football and tv shows and movies I’m getting the spinning buffering wheel, a lot. While typing this I’m watching “The Boys” I’m 8 minutes in and it’s frozen and had the buffering wheel 6 times. It was the same last night watching the football.

my tv box is connected via power line adapters, I watch Netflix, bbc iPlayer on he same box without issues. I switched to watching on my iPad Pro and had the same issue. 
I was not using multiple devices at the same time and only 1 instance of amazon prime running.

trying to get any help from amazon prime directly is proving impossible.

can someone help me with this. Below is a screenshot while watching football on my iPad Pro yesterday. And a photo of the buffering on my TV.

please excuse the 1st upside down image ! But it shows what’s happening anyway.

C7D8E6D0-DFEF-41FF-A883-FBFE0C8B53FD.jpeg

7E1F3721-1FE8-4B11-A9FB-04DF9225E9A0.png

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi ken01

Apologies for this.

We did resolve an issue yesterday, please can you reboot your router and let us know if you are still experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

We are still experiencing this issue on Amazon Prime with Talktalk broadband on our smart TV. Endlessly buffering every minute making it unusable. Please could you let us know when the issue will be resolved. We do not have any problems with Netflix or Youtube or any other streaming service. Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi, I restarted the router, then the tv box (powered off - not just standby) this afternoon, a few hours later, I watched the football without any issues, then an hour later started to watch “the boys” and again the white circle buffering wheel 6 times and I’m only 4 minutes into the programme. It’s unwatchable. As I’m typing I’ve got the “something went wrong” message on tv screen.

ive edited this message. Update. I’ve watched the programme for 34 minutes, I’ve had the buffering wheel around 15 times and the message “something went wrong” 3 times and been taken back to the Episodes section where I’ve had to restart the programme. 

no other devices are on in the house, it’s now midnight, if this continues I’m going to have to move to another internet provider as this is unwatchable.

Highlighted

Hi ken01,

Sorry to hear this and we're taking a look now.

rarnie - Please can you update your Community Profile to include your TalkTalk telephone number and we can take a look. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Highlighted

@ken01

Could I just confirm, is this still happening at the moment. When this happened last night did it also happen on the Ipad as well as the TV box?

@rarnie - Is this still happening at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I did not try the iPad yesterday, just the TalkTalk tv prime. 

as of today, I’ve tried on my tv this morning and watched half an hour of a tv programme was fine, it seems to work without issue during the day, but on an evening it’s buffering a lot. Last night there were no other devices using the internet that were switched on. My speed tests are showing between 25 / 29.

Other streaming services are fine.

Highlighted

Hi Ken01

If the buffering happens this evening, can you try on both the smart TV, the TV box and another device and confirm if buffering affects all devices or just one specific device ?

Also, make a note of the time you see any issues so we can pull the network logs to see if there are any increase in errors at the time.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Hi Karl, I can tell you last night (Thursday) between 10pm and 1am it was buffering a lot on the tv. It’s not a smart tv, Im using Prime on a Huawei TalkTalk TV box, the one with a hard drive.

I will very rarely use it on the iPad so I’m wanting to get the issue sorted. 

2 days ago I did use it on iPad and tv and it buffered on both.

Highlighted

Hi

If the issue is only happening on the YouView box then we need to see if its the app itself.  

Try a Youview Maintenance Reset (Option 2: Keep Recordings). - This will remove the apps fully and re-download them.

Then we can see if the behaviour continues.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

It’s NOT only happening on the Youview box, I’ve used the iPad once with prime and it’s was buffering also.

I did say this in my previous posts.

Highlighted

Hi

There was an issue identified this week and networks have made corrective works.

Can you see if the buffering happens over the weekend and also make sure it is only amazon affected - other streaming services such as youtube etc are working.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I will be in touch on Monday, thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

It’s 10-45pm Sunday 8th Dec.

I’ve tried and failed to get any programme or film to play on amazon prime on my TalkTalk youview box. I tried 7 or 8 times - 3 different programmes, I got the spinning wheel then the sorry something went wrong message every time. I then used Netflix on the same box without any issues.
2 hours earlier I watched a full episode on my iPad on prime it played ok till the last 20 minutes but then the quality lowered and wasn’t HD until the end.

there weren’t any other devices using the internet in the house.

———————-

Update- 15 minutes later - 11pm it now plays ok on the tv - youview box.

Highlighted

Hi ken01,

Thanks for the update. Does this happen when trying to watch a particular film or programme or does it happen if you try to watch anything?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I said in my post , I tried 3 different programmes

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Karl Karl mentioned he would check network logs for errors?

Highlighted

Hi Ken01

No error spikes showing in the logs.

I've passed your details across to one of our network contacts who is looking into this, and have also escalated a couple of other reports over from the weekend.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted

Hi Ken01

Are you still experiencing this issue? If you are then our Network engineer has asked if they can give you a call to do some further checks? (this should take no longer than 15 minutes)

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Still having issues