Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Amber light and drop outs every 10mins

12 REPLIES 12
Conversation Starter

Hey Guys,

Line started dropping this morning, every 10 mins or so I'm getting flashing amber that then  immediately re-connects.

Can you please check the line or advise me of any wider situations that may be the cause of this.

I initially thought voice calls were OK, but I just made a call and there is crackling on the line.

The last time this happened and the same behaviour was being exhibited, an engineer diagnosed a fault outside my home 15 metres from the pole.

***EDIT : My connection has been up and stable for nearly 12 hours now.The issues I experienced this morning must have been due to something Talk Talk were doing, or perhaps BT. Anyway, all seems good now, so a testing will not be necessary, unless anything changes tomorrow : Edit**

Meant to say, thanks to KeithFrench...

Thanks

John

John Alan Seymour
Community Star

Hi @Biomechanic 

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

Due to the current Coronavirus situation, the OCEs are very busy and there will be more of a delay to get a TalkTalk response. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi John

I'm really sorry for the delay.

Has the connection/line been ok since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Hi Debbie,

Thanks for the response, No problems now - it must have just been a glitch.

Cheers

John

John Alan Seymour

Hi John

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

This is happening again, started last night at the same time as the disruption in York.

Router re-booting every few minutes or so.

I live 70 miles from York, could this be connected to that issue ?

Thanks

John

John Alan Seymour

Hi John

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see the re connections on the line.

Is there any crackling noise on the line? (this was mentioned in your first post)

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Hello Debbie,

Yes there is crackling on the line... but it's not that bad.

This is the same behaviour that I was experiencing almost a year ago when an engineer diagnosed a fault outside a few metres from the pole.

It can be up for an hour even or sometimes just 5 minutes... then drops and 9 times out of 10 reconnects immediately.

I'm really worried as I don't have a mobile data package, so if this drops permanently I have no way of contacting yourselves, plus the customer line checker is reporting no issues, so I cannot book an engineer.

I have family that I need to stay in contact with because of Covid-19, so this is a worry.

This morning I have bypassed the front port straight into master socket, changed network cable to a brand new one (i use wired, rather than WiFi) changed cable from router to socket and no change.

What happens now Debbie ?

John

John Alan Seymour

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

Is the noise still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Yes, it is - noise is still there.

John Alan Seymour

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Conversation Starter

Hey Debbie,

I'm grateful for your attention and help and have replied to your PM.

But, my issue 'seems' to be resolved now - connection has been up for just over 4 hours

I'm beginning to suspect that this problem was linked to the network issues experienced by customers in York and the surrounding areas. It just seems strange that my problem started and ended around the same time...

The last time I had this issue was two weeks ago and there was disruption on your network then as well - I just find it difficult to swallow that a fault would only make itself known every two weeks, that's too intermittent for my liking...

John

John Alan Seymour

HI John

Thanks for your reply.

This may have been linked to this fault but when we completed the line tests this was not showing as part of this issue/fault.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie