Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Android devices not connecting to hg635 router

17 REPLIES 17
Pjames2
Team Player

Hi for the last few weeks I haven't been able to use home wifi on any android devices. The network is not showing up on available networks. I have re booted router and all mobile devices. I have changed channels also. Seems to connect for a short period then drops out again. This is getting frustrating my son has an Xbox one and pc that connects with no issues. I really look forward to your help.

Community Team

Hi Pjames2,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you also tried factory resetting the router?

Thanks

Pjames2
Team Player

Hi Michelle I have not tried a factory reset of router how is this done?

Community Team
Pjames2
Team Player

Hi Michelle thanks for the link I am not home at moment so will attempt reset when home. My son has advised wi fi working at moment. So will monitor and keep you advised.

Community Team

Hi Pjames2,

Ok thanks and please let us know if you need any assistance 🙂

Thanks

Pjames2
Team Player

Hi Michelle done factory reset and still got the same problem. Could the router have a problem. I look forward to your reply. 

Community Team

Hi

Is it only the Android devices, do the Xbox and ipad have any issues ?

Can you try adding '5G' to the end of the 5Ghz broadcast channel and see if the android devices will connect separately to the 2Ghz and the 5Ghz channel or if one or both of these fail.

Thanks

Karl. 

Pjames2
Team Player

Hi karl I have been away from home this afternoon but since my last reply regarding factory reset my son has said there hasn't been any issues up to yet. It was just issue with android mobiles connecting. Xbox iPad and pc all connecting with minimum issues. If have any further issues I will try your last post recomendations.

Regards phil

Community Team

Hi phil,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks

Pjames2
Team Player

hi again

factory reset lasted till 1pm today when wifi dropped out on all android devices i tried karls suggestion which didnt resolve. it looks as though android works on 2.4 ghz but signal only lasted 5 mins, when i tried just 5ghz android didnt detect network at all. i would appreciate further thoughts or suggestions on this issue. but ultimately if cannot find a permanant fix will have to consider another provider.

regards

philip smith 

Community Team

Hi Pjames2,

Thanks for trying this and I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes? This would be either a HG633 or the 3782 router.

Thanks

Pjames2
Team Player

Hi Michelle thanks for reply think I will try th hg633 for test purpose. Wouldn't I be eligible for WiFi hub as been faster fibre customer for a while don't think fair have to pay for it though. Only asking the question and being bit cheeky.  Look forward to your reply.

Phil

Community Team

Hi Phil

We can only send a replacement HG633 or DSL3782 router for testing via the Community. If you contact our Customer Service Team then can discuss sending a WiFi Hub.

Thanks

Debbie

Pjames2
Team Player

I'll take the hg 633 please.

Community Team

Hi Phil

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Pjames2
Team Player

hi since getting new router there have been no issues with dropouts, thank you for your help and understanding.

regards

phil smith

Community Team

Hi Pjames2,

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Thanks