Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Another Fast5364 firmware upgrade request

5 REPLIES 5
cjedonline
Team Player

Hi, I've just switched to TalkTalk and am having problems with the DHCP/DNS setup for this router. I understand there is a later firmware that might fix my problems. Can you let me know where I might get hold of the latest firmware ?

Current firmware :  SG4K10001400t
New (fixed) firmware : SG4K10002600t ?

I'm having problems fixing DHCP leases (i.e. a fixed IP for a device) and getting the DHCP server to send DNS server settings to devices. I'm using a non-standard internal IPV4 range (NOT 192.168.1.1)

Thanks,

Charles Durrant

Divsec
Community Star

Hi Charles your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow. Please check your community profile and add your current landline phone number if necessary, it is used to identify your account.

It may be that the updrade will happen automatically (especially if tr-069 is enabled) otherwise the team will push it out to you tomorrow.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
cjedonline
Team Player

Thanks, I've updated my profile to include my landline number. 

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Charles

Thank you for updating your Community Profile.

I'm unable to connect to your router, apologies for this. Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for 10 seconds? I can then try and connect to the router again.

Thanks

Debbie

cjedonline
Team Player

Hi Debbie, thanks for looking at this. I did notice that the router firmware had been updated to version SG4K10002600t (presumably this had been done automatically). This version had fixed the DHCP lease (IP address assignment) problem that I was seeing. However, even after a factory reset, it didn't fix the problem with DNS entries not being supplied automatically to DHCP clients. 

To resolve this issue I've switched in an older HG635 router which doesn't have these problems. This is probably why you couldn't connect to my router.

Anyway, the problem is now resolved. I will monitor the forums and if/when there's a new firmware available for the Fast5364 I may have another attempt at getting that to work.

Regards,

Charles.

OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Charles

Thanks for your reply.

We have new firmware in testing for the Wifi hub and once this has been fully tested then it will be rolled out to all Wifi Hubs.

Thanks

Debbie