Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Another New fibre customer not receiving "guaranteed speed"

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Chatterbox

My go live date was 02/09/20 with a guaranteed speed of 50mb but to date its not gone above 11mb. It seems worse than the previous provider. I've run the tests on the website but to no avail. Please can you tell me when the speed will improve. i find the service so far very poor.

Highlighted
Whizz Kid

Have you tried a 30 minute power down of the router.   See if a new connection helps.

Is there any difference if you connect the router to Test Socket of your master socket?

Probably better to call TalkTalk support on the phone and get them to do a full test.   

Highlighted
First Timer

I joined Talktalk since March and have been having internet issues, low speed downloads and today, I cannot access the internet from any equipment ( using my mobile data just now).

i have also been searching for a contact number to no avail. Can someone please help? This is supposed to be fibre but feels like I am back to when internet began.

Highlighted
Community Star

If you need help,  @V2020, please start your own thread,  and complete your community forum profile details,  so that staff can identify your account. 

Read the community forum guidelines. 

The contact number for Talktalk Monday to Saturday is: 03451 720046.

You should be able to use Chat today from links on this page:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Our-update-on-Coronavirus/ta-p/2468300

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Many thanks for your post Speedygonzalez. I will have to try and call Talk Talk then as i have tried the first things you suggest already. I know fibre in my road is relatively new so may be a slow switch over issue with Openreach. Would just be nice to know.
Highlighted
Chatterbox
Hmmm, doesn't sound very good then. I appreciate we have COVID to deal with which makes things more challenging but if something is guaranteed you'd think there would be simpler ways to address issues.
Highlighted
Chatterbox

So i managed to chat to an advisor who, after over an hour finally managed to find out that my order did not go through. Someone is going to look into it and get back to me in the next 3-5 working days. Fingers crossed they do and it gets sorted out!!!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dave,

I'm sorry for the delay. Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

So...five days on and nothing. Zilch. Zero. I've not heard a thing and still have really slow broadband ☹️

guess i'll have to chase them up instead then. Not very happy with Talk Talk at all.

Highlighted

Hi Dave RM

I have asked our provisioning team to contact you.  

Sorry for the delay

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello

I've not had any contact from anyone to tell me what is happening and i'm really quite annoyed by the apparent lack of communication. 

The only contact i have had is an email to say my account has been updated to reflect the changes i asked for. This has made me really cross as i haven't requested any changes whatsoever. All i have done is ask why i don't have the broadband speed i signed up for (Faster Fibre). The email goes on to tell me that i'm now on 'fast broadband' which i have discovered doesn't deliver the speeds i was promised. I'm very unhappy about this unwanted change.  The communication from TT has been very poor and i would not recommend them to anyone at this stage. 

Highlighted

Hi Dave RM

Sorry for the confusion

The account needed to be re-alligned in order to get fibre re-ordered. 

I did ask our provisioning team to call you to explain this , Apologies that this didnt happen.