cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Apps, websites not connecting when other devices / apps are fine

7 REPLIES 7

I've contacted support a number of times about this issue without any resolution.

Since joining TalkTalk (I've had fibre a number of years from BT then Sky without issue), we have had problems with certain apps not working and webpages not opening.

For example there is an app called Super 6 which the vast majority of times I'll get an error message saying "the app cannot currently connect to the internet". This is often whilst someone is happily and succesfully using wifi elsewhere in the house. If I switch to 4g the app works fine and have never experienced any issues with it connected to wifi elsewhere.

I can have issues connecting to the BBC Sport app where it just cannot access certain pages without going back and trying again. Have similar problems with webpages not loaded and having to refresh to get them to work.

Sonos has been a big issue getting message like "Unable to play '...' - the connection to Apple Music was lost"

The support team have done tests on my line several times and remotely checked the router and have said everything is fine. The last time I was on to support they decided the issue must be with the app and closed the chat without warning!

I've just tried to cancel but conveniently the systems are undergoing maintenance so they can't check the account to I have to try again in 2 or 3 hours.

Anyone with any bright ideas?

Community Team

Hi FrustratedJournalist 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

Router is TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub FAST5364-3.T8

Manufactured by Sagemcom

Profile updated with account details as requested

Community Team

Hi FrustratedJournalist 

Thanks for your reply.

Please can you try factory resetting your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

If you are still experiencing this issue following this then we can send a replacement router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the suggestion.

I've tried resetting the router and have tried the problematic apps and am still having issues I'm afraid, so it would be good to test another router if possible.

Community Team

Hi FrustratedJournalist 

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

so far...not bad. 

Issues with the problematic apps happening much less frequently but not totally eradicated. Some webpages need to be refreshed to load (ironically had to refresh this one 3 times to get it to load)

Community Team

Hi FrustratedJournalist 

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Does this issue also happen when using a wired connection?

Thanks

Debbie