Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Article Elaboration

18 REPLIES 18
an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Hi there. Just read this article: https://www.prnewswire.co.uk/news-releases/talktalk-optimizes-residential-wi-fi-with-assia-cloudchec...

Could anyone elaborate?

Many Thanks.

Anisa Khalifa
Gondola
Community Star

Hi @an1sa_k 

It's a robotic version of @KeithFrench 

CloudCheck analyses the wi-fi environment and when enabled for the customer will make settings changes to optimise the router.

Gondola - Community contributor

To appreciate my help . . . If I offered a solution Best Answer

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

@Gondola The article says it's only for the WiFi Hub. Is this correct or will the Super Routers also have this feature implemented? 

Anisa Khalifa
KeithFrench
Community Star

I do know all about ASSIA, but it is not for me to reveal TalkTalk policy. Maybe there will be a press release soon.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Gondola
Community Star

...the article claim is that the system is hardware agnostic which means that it requires no special hardware adaption. That being the case it's likely that additional support for other routers can be provided.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gondola wrote:

That being the case it's likely that additional support for other routers can be provided.

Unfortunately not.

Hardware agnostic means just that, the hardware base is independant. It makes no warranty regarding the upgradeability of any firmware platform. Not to mention the product management aspects of developing new features and functions for old and potentially end of life devices which TalkTalk give "for free". 

Gondola
Community Star

CloudCheck is hardware agnostic: Any vendor. Any Wi-Fi environment. Over 100 Platforms.

Over 100 unique platforms from gateway vendors and OEM companies such as Arris, Adtran, Askey, Asus, Arcadyan, AirTies, Hitron, Huawei, Linksys, Mitrastar, Netgear, TP-Link, Sagemcom, Technicolor, Zyxel are supported. ASSIA 26 Feb 2018.

TalkTalk are currently the largest and most advanced implementation of CloudCheck in EMEA. TALKTALK 5 Mar 2019.

TalkTalk have made a cost-benefit case to reduce support costs by rolling out CloudCheck. Currently with the embedded agent only on some TalkTalk customised Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hubs. But Assia have CloudCheck experience working with both Huawei and Sagemcom and others. If TalkTalk didn't want to significantly reduce support costs and would rather keep sending out replacement routers then that's the alternative.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well time will tell.

an1sa_k
Wizz Kid

Apparently, TalkTalk have already implemented it to the WiFi Hub with a firmware update, according to this link:

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2019/04/isp-talktalk-upgrade-optimises-wi-fi-for-its-uk-broadb...

Anisa Khalifa
Community Team

Hi,

We're looking to publish a blog on the Community about this within the next few weeks so watch this space.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OCE_Michelle -

Been a while, any update regarding ASSIA product integration (or Plume) ?

Cheers

Community Team

Hi umanu2,

I'll find out if we have an update and get back to you

Chris

Community Team

Hi umanu2,

We should have an update soon about this so I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Chris wrote:

We should have an update soon about this so I'll let you know when I have any more information

Chris

Cheers. 😉

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @OCE_Chris and @OCE_Michelle 

Neary 2 months since the previous "update soon" post and approaching 5 months since a promised write up - so time is obviously slipping by.

Rather than waiting for a potentially more challeging all singing all dancing update would it be possible to just simply state where on the current product development roadmap is retro fitting this feature to the older super routers (HG635, HG633 and DSL-3782) ?

Many thanks in advance.

@Anonymous 

Gondola
Community Star

Strange that Assia or the Product Development Team don't wish to actively promote the benefits of the embedded CloudCheck software as that might also push sales of the Wi-Fi Hub.

Karl has said that TalkTalk do not have a roadmap for adding the software to anything other than the Wi-Fi Hub at present.  A simple TalkTalk business decision. 

In the longer run, the current business objective of getting more than the current 50% of the customer base onto fibre will see more Wi-Fi Hubs being deployed.  If the statistical analysis says the rest of the customer base using Super Router's doesn't take up too much support time then that's why the business decision has been made. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Chris  @OCE_Michelle 

An "official" TalkTalk response please.

Community Team

Hi umanu2,

Apologies for the delay. The latest update that we have is that there are no plans at the moment to add the feature to the 3 routers that you mention

Chris

Community Manager

I've locked this thread as we wont tolerate petulant school yard name calling of any member of the community. 

@Anonymous If you have an issue with any content on the community please do use the report feature and if you wish to raise concerns about any members they please direct to me or an OCE and if action is needed we'll take it. 

@an1sa_k  Sorry i had to lock your thread due to hijacking we're working on a blog all about this new feature and once the product owners have shared with us we'll be posting it for all to see.