Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Assistance require to resolve ongoing fault

Community Team

Hi Kettle

Apologies for this.

The line tests are not detecting any faults. Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

Debbie

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, it is connected directly to the test socket and it's the HG635.

Community Team

Hi Kettle,

Can you try the HG633 again please. If the connection is still dropping with the HG633 we'll pass this back to our network team for further investigation 

Chris

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Hello,

I've had the HG633 up and running dor the past few days and it has the same issues.  I just has another disconnect which left me without a connection for about 20 minutes before it managed to reconnect. Whilst it was down I kept an eye on the router admin DSLconnection page.  It kept alternating on "initializing" for several minutes, and then "no signal" for a few seconds before it eventually managed to reconnect.

This has been an issue now for four months and it's extremely annoying.  Please help progress a solution.

Community Team

Hi Kettle,

Thanks for trying  that,

I've raised this to our network team for investigation, can you bump the thread in 48 hours and we'll check for updates 

Thanks

Chris

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Hello again,

Is there an update for me please?

Community Team

Hi Kettle

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Kettle

I've received an update to advise that this fault is with BT Openreach and under investigation.

We should receive further updates from BT Openreach within the next 48hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Here's an update from my end since TalkTalk's last post on this thread:

On 30th September I left for a week's holiday and on my way to the airport I had a call from an Openreach engineer on his mobile saying he was on his way to my house to check the fault. This was the first I'd heard of a visit being required or booked, so I apologised for not being available and said I'd return on 7th October. I explained the history of the fault, the troubleshooting that had been done and left it with him to see what he could do without coming into my house.

On 3rd October I received a voicemail from Openreach asking to reschedule a visit.

I returned home on 7th October to find a "Sorry we missed you" card from Openreach on 1st October and for me to contact my ISP to arrange a new appointment.

I've called your telephone support line this morning to sort it all out and now have another Openreach appointment scheduled for 11th October.  However I have been warned that a charge may come up on my bill for the missed appointment. I explained that I wasn't aware that a visit was taking place and have been advised that I should be able to contest it if a charge does indeed come through.

I just wanted to put this update on here so it is a complete record of this case over the past three months.

I can't believe what bad luck I'm having getting this seemingly simple issue resolved.

I've reported it countless times over the last three months, each time I'm told it's been passed onto OpenReach for investigation and nothing changes, then without warning a potentially chargeable home visit is required with no notice and then despite explaining that I'm not at home for a week another one occurs a few days later.

I am hopeful the fault will be resolved during the visit this week and that no charge will be incurred and if this is not the case I expect your full support in resolving once and for all.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Kettle

Apologies for this.

There should be no charges applied for any missed visits as the appointment wasn't agreed with you. If you do receive any charges on your bill then please let us know.

Please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Kettle
Wizz Kid

The engineer came today as scheduled. However he said he'd been booked to test the line quality with respect to the phone and that broadband wasn't under the remit of his job booking.  He carried out some tests, said that the line quality was very good and agreed that there didn't appear to be anything within my property that would cause the disconnection issues I'm experiencing. He has posted his report and recommended that a BTOR broadband engineer is asigned. He said that his report should be available for TalkTalk to access.

Community Team

Hi 

Thanks I'll pass this back to our network team to arrange, If you can private message me the dates you will be available we will try to get the earliest appointment.

Regards

Community Team

Hi Kettle

The network team dont seem to think an engineer will help at this point. So they have requested a new router to be sent out. 

Let us know how that goes. 

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Ok, thanks for letting me know, but just as a reminder I've tested two different routers and experience the same issues with each of them.

Community Team

Hi Kettle,

If you're still experiencing problems with the new router we'll pass this back to our network team for further investigation, please let us know how you get on

Chris

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Hello,

I've received the new DSL-3782 but it's been giving me no end of trouble.

Intitial set up was ok although it took about 15 minutes to get a connection with the exchange...and only at 10Mb/s rather then the usual 14Mb/s.

The problems came when I tried logging in to the router. Despite all my devices being able to connect to it and the getting a ping response I couldn't log in through 192.168.1.1, even with an ethernet cable directly into the router. After about an hour and some googling I tried giving it a factory reset which worked allowing me to change my SSID and keep tabs on the connection up time.

The following morning I noticed that the internet seemed slower than usual and when I attempted to log in to the router I had the same issues as before....only this time a factory reset didn't help and after about an hour, still unable to log into it I gave up trying and plugged the HG635 back in which came back up at 13.5Mb/s.

I am prepared to give the DSL-3782 a fair try, but not if it's behaving like this.

Please advise.

Community Team

Hi Kettle,

Thanks for testing with the replacement router and I'm really sorry to hear this. Is the connection still dropping since re-connecting the HG635 router?

Thanks

Kettle
Wizz Kid

Hello,

Yes it is, I'm not at home at the moment, but I can check the logs tonight and post it's ups and downs if you like.

Thanks

Kettle
Wizz Kid

No change with the disconnects, here's the log from the router:

2017-10-24 19:18:12 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2017-10-24 19:18:12 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 15:02:26 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 connected.
2017-10-24 15:01:57 System Notice DSL connection is active.
2017-10-24 14:59:11 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 14:58:57 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 14:57:35 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2017-10-24 14:57:35 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 14:47:18 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 connected.
2017-10-24 14:46:48 System Notice DSL connection is active.
2017-10-24 14:43:24 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 14:43:10 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2017-10-24 14:43:10 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 05:32:30 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 connected.
2017-10-24 05:31:57 System Notice DSL connection is active.
2017-10-24 05:29:53 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2017-10-24 05:29:53 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-24 05:11:15 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 connected.
2017-10-24 05:10:47 System Notice DSL connection is active.
2017-10-24 05:08:42 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 disconnected.(ERROR_NO_CARRIER)
2017-10-24 05:08:42 System Notice DSL connection is disactive.
2017-10-23 15:45:04 System Notice WAN connection INTERNET_TR069_R_VID_101:IPv4 connected.

Community Team

Hi Kettle,

I've passed this back to our network team for further investigation, can you bump the thread in 48 hours and we'll check for updates

Thanks

Chris