Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Audio Dropouts using Musiccast

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I've recently added a Yamaha Musiccast 400 to my home audio system (all Yamaha Musiccast) but I'm having a problem with audio dropouts of up to 10s. Yamaha technical support think this is most likely due to overloading of the router. I currently have an HG633, what are the chances of getting it upgraded to the latest router to address this issue?

Highlighted
Community Star

Although I do not know this device, does it connect via WiFi or a wired connection to the router? If WiFi I think what their support means is that the WiFi on the 2.4GHz band is too congested. This is not a router issue as such, but more likely due to the popularity of WiFi in your immediate area. Changing the router will not make any difference.

However, once you confirm the connection type, if WiFi, then I can probably help a lot with it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Wizz Kid

WiFi dropouts were obviously the first possibility but I connected it with a cat5 cable and had the same problem. The Yamaha tech guy was of the opinion that the processor in the router was getting overloaded causing the problem. I'm a bit skeptical because I haven't heard drop-outs on any of the other devices but I'm just going with the advice. If I change the router for a more powerful one and there is still a problem it points the finger back at the Yamaha device being faulty, but they won't accept that until I've explored all avenues.

Highlighted
Community Star

I have never heard of such a thing, OK your router could be faulty, but not overloaded as they say.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

So, does anyone know how to get the router upgraded? The web site says existing customers can get it for £30 but the shop only lists it for £120 (and I'm not paying that!)

Highlighted
Community Star

I can ask the OCEs to consider replacing the router in case it is faulty, if you want?

Keith

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I wouldn't say it is faulty, just not up to the job so replacing it with another HG633 wouldn't help. I was asking how I get an upgrade to the new Sagemcom modem.

Highlighted
Community Star

Before spending any money on the hub (yes it has faster WiFi and Ethernet than the HG633), what is the specification of the WiFi adapter & Ethernet adapter on this speaker? If they are no faster than that offered by the HG633, then you will see no difference.

My only goal here is to try & save you wasting your money, as I am not convinced at all by the speaker manufacturer's diagnosis, but I could be wrong. Hence why I suggested getting TT to consider replacing the HG633, in case it has a fault in it.

Still it's your money, contact the loyalty dept & see what price they offer you.

Keith