Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Auto Compensation not received

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Upgraded to faster fibre in May after which Internet service went downhill from there. After 2 periods of no service , 1 engineer visit when determined fault not my end , 3 routers and raising an official complaint, service was restored in June. Web chat 19th of this month as no auto comp forthcoming. Was told by advisor system could not let them calculate auto comp could only calculate manually based pro rata on monthly bill and was offered £33 based on advisors calculation that I was entitled to total of 35 days no service. After I refused was offered further £10 goodwill. Refused again as per Ofcom Auto comp scheme talktalk have signed up to I am entitled £8 per day for every days no service after first 2 days so 35 x £8 =£280. I was advised matter would be referred to auto comp back office and could expect  contact within 72 hrs. No surprise with talktalks complete lack of customer service no contact received. Please do not advise they have back log as have been waiting since June. I expect th auto comp I am entitled too to be paid with immediate effect or I intend to register an official complaint with Ofcom.

Kaz
Highlighted
Philosopher

Auto compensation was suspended, with the agreement of the regulator, in the first period of lockdown due to the restrictions placed on engineers entering properties.

TT replaced this with pro-rata compensation, this was notified on the website.

Looking at the dates you quote, you may well have been offered the correct rate.

As for the date when auto compensation was reinstated, you'll have to wait for an OCE to reply.

Martin
Highlighted
Community Star

@Emilynicole, this is the situation that OFCOM reported in August, looking back over the preceding months of the pandemic:

20201029_100622.jpg

Hope you can expand the screenshot to view it.

Gliwmaeden2
Please click "like" if this helped you!
Highlighted
First Timer
Thanks seen this. Not giving any clear reasons as to why not paying. Made offers so far of £33 £43 and today £60 then £70. I'm entitled to £280. Raised complaint and also writing letter of complaint to Ofcom.
Kaz
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Sorry that you are unhappy, Let us know how the complaint goes.   Once a complaint is raised we have to allow the complaint manager to deal with it.

Hope you get the resolution you want.

Highlighted
First Timer

Complaint raised  CMP-60141 29/10. Text received from complaint team to advise would be contacted 11/11. On 11/11 received 2nd text to say would now be contacted 16/11 between 18:00- 20:00pm. Yes you guessed it no contact. I now wish this to be escalated to CEO.

Kaz
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Emilynicole

I can see that the complaint has now been resolved. 

Sorry for any inconvenience