Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Block specific devices with TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

Hi

I am wondering when the new firmware (current version version SG4K10001E00t) will allow to block specific devices (IP or MAC) as same as previous router HG633.

Thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

You can currently block any wireless device from connecting to the Wi-Fi network, based on its MAC address. However, this is not time-based. The feature on the HG633 never got past the experimental stage, due to integration with HomeSafe & Homework Time. These features are configurable in MyAccount. If they do not do what you want, I will put a suggestion across to have time-based filter added to both wired & wireless devices to prevent internet access.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Compared a new HUB, HG633 I was much better with this function and worked perfectly. I could cut off the internet access to my kids very easy from my mobile at any time and turn it back fast aswell.
In my TT account I cannot found thes functionality. If I am wrong, plese show me ho to use it.

Highlighted
Community Star

In my last post, I said that whilst the facility was there in the HG633, but it was purely experimental & for that reason, it was hidden.

Apparently, this functionality may be built into a later version of HomeSafe, which will be independent of any router, wireless extender, switch on wired or wireless connections. For this reason, it is not built into current TalkTalk routers.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
First Timer

Okay, so TT hurry up with it. Meantime I back to my old router 😞

Highlighted
First Timer

Need the option to block a single or selected device a specific times i.e bedtime for teenagers - weekdays

This would help a lot of parents out there

Dave

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Dave,

We have passed this suggestion on to our Products Team for future consideration.

Thanks