cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

BrightSparks to attend!! - slow fibre broadband for weeks, no disconnections, phone line perfect

Figgis
Whizz Kid

@OCE_Chris 

I received the Huaiwei HG633 Super Router yesterday afternoon and connected it last night. It is working well, no disconnections and a download speed of  76/77MB and an upload speed of 17/18mb. All good so far and similar speeds to those achieved on the DSC-3782 router after the Openreach engineer attended and reconnected a loose wire outside. 

I tried to do a speedtest for you on the Talk Talk speed tester so you would have access to the readings but it does not work. I get this error message each time I try:

"Could not connect to the test server. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later."

I have not changed any settings recently and the speedtest worked every time I tried it - before the new router was connected.

I carry out most of my speed tests on Ookla as I then have a history of the readings.  Your speed test does not have this feature.

Please let me know if my new super router has up to date software.

Figgis
OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Figgis,

Thanks for the update glad to hear your can see an improvement. Yes your router does have the latest firmware

Could you try the speed tests again later and maybe try a different internet browser. Please let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

martswain
Philosopher

@OCE_Chris

The "supportal" test seems to be broken, I am getting the same message.

Martin
Figgis
Whizz Kid

@OCE_Chris   This is the latest result from Ookla.

Latency Test Error

Could not connect to the test server. A firewall could be blocking the connection or the server might be having some issues. Please try again later.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
A detailed image for later results can be found here:
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8243499840
https://www.speedtest.net/result/8243617444

So from an expected and achieved speed of 70+mbps, I'm now getting about 45mbps. It seems the super router is no better than my old router.

Figgis
ferguson
Community Star

This is a speedtest with the router connected at the test socket and then directly to a computer by Ethernet, yes?

Figgis
Whizz Kid

I  carry out 2 speed tests. 1 on wireless and 1 on Ethernet connection. I'm going to try and attach a record of my recent speed tests from Ookla as your speed test does not work.  The tests this morning (over 70mbps) show a good speed - but will it last.

Figgis
ferguson
Community Star

If the TalkTalk tester is still not working for you via My Account try the shortcut route here, which is working again:

http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/

Enter your full phone number with no spaces when it is finished and it will log the results against your account.

OCE_Chris

Hi Figgis,

Thank for running the speed tests, glad to hear you've seen an improvement today, could you try a couple more throughout the day

Thanks
Chris

Figgis
Whizz Kid

@OCE_Chris 

I carried out a few speed tests a short while ago on the TT Speed Tester and added my phone number so you can see them all. Below is the last one. I will do a few more later on today.

We recorded your speed as

DownloadUpload

75279 KBits/s(9409.875 KBytes/s)
17538 KBits/s(2192.25 KBytes/s)

I understand that it could take up to 10 days for the speed to optimise and stabilise. I will carry out tests for a few more days, entering my phone number so you can access them but I will only post again if the speed settles below 70mbps for several tests over an extended period.

Figgis
OCE_Michelle

Hi Figgis,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how the speeds compare over the weekend 🙂

Thanks

Figgis
Whizz Kid

My speed has slowed to late 40's. I continued recording speed tests and entering my full telephone number and was getting speeds around 75 so I'm disappointed that it has reduced. I will do a couple more late tonight. We recorded your speed as:

DownloadUpload

49095 KBits/s(6136.875 KBytes/s)
17209 KBits/s(2151.125 KBytes/s)
Figgis
OCE_Michelle

Hi Figgis,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault and the sync speed also looks ok. Just to confirm, is this a wired speed test?

Thanks

Figgis
Whizz Kid

Everything is going well, touch wood. So don't change a thing.

The speed for the last couple of days is in the mid seventies, as below and recorded http://www.supportal-test.co.uk against my full telephone number. My current profile is achieving good connections and good speeds. This is what I expected when I signed up to super fast fibre.

We recorded your speed as:

DownloadUpload

77034 KBits/s(9629.25 KBytes/s)
17410 KBits/s(2176.25 KBytes/s)
Figgis
OCE_Debbie

Hi Figgis

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie