Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Account Details

15 REPLIES 15
loui46
Popular Poster

I have signed up for FTTC broadband with talk talk. I want to use my own router but I cannot find my broadband log in details anywhere. Due to go live 8th November. Talk Talk router is being sent to me but I may not be able to retrieve the information from it.

The chat to us option says is available on talk talk website when logged in but it doesn't do anything when you click on the button to initiate a chat session.

Anyone know where the BB details can be found

Community Team

Hi

Broadband username / password can be found under the broadband section of My Account.

With fibre however this is generally irrelevant as we use network authentication, so will look at the line connecting rather than authenticate based on whats in the router.

In your own router, put the username as  'your phonenumber' @talktalk.net  and for the password just put 12345678.

Most routers will normally require something in the password field so I would usually just pop a few numbers in there.

Thanks

Karl. 

loui46
Popular Poster

Thank you for reply I will try this on Friday as this is when the current FTTC moves to Talk Talk from current supplier

Community Team
loui46
Popular Poster

Do FTTC accounts come with a static external IP address?

Community Team

Hi

All our residential services both adsl and fibre have dynamic IP addresses.

Thanks

Karl. 

loui46
Popular Poster

Is it possible to add a static ip address if required and how much per month?

FritzCT
Wizz Kid

What router is it?

I'm using an Asus-AC68U and just had to select DHCP in authentication method but IPoE should also work. I wasn't even prompted for a user name and password.

One thing though. If the 3rd party router is new download the latest firmware and update before you connect.

The other info you may need is:

Vlan ID =101

MTU = 1500

Trans Mode = PTM

Feel free to shout if it all goes pear shaped

Fritz

EDIT: You should be able to retrieve the user name & password using Wireshark but as I said above, I wasn;t even prompted for them once DHCP was selected

EDIT AGAIN: I don't think you can get an external static IP but wouldn't DDNS work if not? Again, really need to know what the router is.

loui46
Popular Poster

Thanks for the info.

I've got a Draytek 2760VN its on the latest firmware.

FritzCT
Wizz Kid

The instruction book lists DHCP intyernet connections as a feature, however, I couldn't actually find it in the instruction book. I'm sure it's there somewhere though.

Also, I'm 90% certain that one of the Community Stars uses the same router. I'm sure they'll help out if I'm correct.

Fritz

loui46
Popular Poster

My go live date is today 8th. I plugged the Talk Talk router in but not getting internet access.

Is it a case of the account can go live anytime during this day or is it from midnight tonight as the account page mentions from Midnight but then that would be the 9th so doesn't make sense

Community Team

Hi @loui46,  Yes it can go live anytime during the day upto 10pm

loui46
Popular Poster

Broadband is live, I can get broadband connection using the Talk Talk router but no connection using my Draytek router that was working fine on Plusnet.

I changed the account details in Wan settings to my homephonenumber@talktalk.net

password set to 123456 as advised above.

When I go to the status details on my draytek I can see the up load and download speeds on the Line 1 info but no internet access on wan side 

I spoke to talk talk technical support on the phone and have to say it was a terrible experience.

Hoping someone here can advise 

FritzCT
Wizz Kid

Try this link if you haven't already.

https://www.draytek.co.uk/support/guides/kb-isp-talktalk

You need to create an account (free) but you also need the serial number of your router to do so.

Also check (I think) Page 25 of your Draytek manual. 

Or start a new thread asking how to set up your specific Draytek router. There are definitely people on these forums that use Draytek.

I just can't remember who!!

Fritz

loui46
Popular Poster

I found the information on the Draytek website after googling the issue (but thank you for providing the link)

Talk Talk support told me that my router was not supported. The broadband user name and password was on a label on the back of the router and all sort of other nonsense.

The issue was that I wasn't aware that the connection wasn't PPOE (I assumed it was because people were saying to use telephonenumber@talktalk.net etc.

Must say they were hopeless and this text messaging support is a joke. Waiting hours for a reply etc.

Hopefully I won't have any problems during my 18 months contract so won't need to contact them.

It appears they rely on this forum for self help rather than providing resources to provide experienced support themselves.

The old adage you get what you pay for.

Community Team

Hi loui46,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know if you need any assistance via the Community.

Thanks