Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Down - WiFi Hub Constantly disconnecting/reconnecting

133 REPLIES 133
W130SN
Chat Champion

Broadband Down - WiFi Hub Constantly disconnecting/reconnecting. Broadband works for 5 minutes then loses connection. Reconnects after 5 minutes then drops again.

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub
version SG4K10001E00t

Services were installed at our new address on 08/03/19 and we have had problems ever since. Also issues with our landline, it is currently dead.

Have spoken to TalkTalk call centre and after an hour plus of repeated pointless checks they arranged for an Engineer to visit on Friday. Naturally the fault did not occur while the engineer was present and he could find no fault or issues. As soon as he left the fault re-emerged.

Have had intermittent broadband and zero landline over the weekend, tried the TalkTalk twitter account but have not been contacted by a case manager as promised.

Please help, as assistance is required in resolving these issues.

Many thanks

TalkTalk BorkBork
KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi

If the landline is dead or at fault then this will affect broadband services and we need to look at this aspect first.

Tests are picking up a loop fault on the phone side.

Can you unplug everything out of the socket and test a corded phone at the master socket or Test Socket if you have one and confirm if there is no dial tone at this point.

Thanks

Karl. 

W130SN
Chat Champion

Hi @OCE_Karl 

I can confirm that I have tried the test socket and there is still no dial tone.

The line is totally silent.

Cheers

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you reply to me via PM (Personal Message) with the following information: 

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your password
  • If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • email address

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Karl

W130SN
Chat Champion

@OCE_KarlPM Sent

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Broadband-Down-WiFi-Hub-Constantly-disconnecting...

Karl,

I accept I may be charged should the issue be my fault or due to my equipment.

There is somebody ALWAYS present at this address, they should park in Williams Road Car Park, then press the buzzer for ** for access to the property.

• Full Name - **** *** ****
  • Home telephone number - **********
  • Are you the account holder - ***
  • 1st and 3rd characters of your password
  • If password is unknown, confirm the below:
  • How do we send the bills to you each month - *****
  • email address - *************

Thank you for your assistance, we would prefer a morning appointment but if the next available slot is an afternoon appointment then that will be OK.

Regards

Asif

TalkTalk BorkBork
W130SN
Chat Champion

Have there been any updates from Openreach yet?

Cheers

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi

The fault is still open with BT Openreach and within their SLA.  No updates on their system but I can see that one of the network team has been chasing for an update earlier.

Thanks

Karl. 

W130SN
Chat Champion

Can confirm that both phone and broadband seem to be working now.

They both came back an hour ago then stopped working again but they have come back now and seem to be OK.

Thank you for your help and assistance.

Regards

Asif

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi

Excellent, Openreach must be working on this currently.

Thanks

Karl. 

W130SN
Chat Champion

Fault has returned

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

I can see that your connection is dropping. How's the telephone service at the moment?

Chris

W130SN
Chat Champion

Landline Telephone is dead. Cannot make or receive calls, handset is plugged into test socket.

TalkTalk BorkBork
W130SN
Chat Champion

Unfortunately @ferguson decided to delete/move/hide several of my threads even though this was a new issue.

Anyway, this is becoming unacceptable. Both landline and fibre broadband have problems again this week.

Please help me resolve this issue once and for all.

Regards

TalkTalk BorkBork
ferguson
Community Star

Spamming the forums with your issue is not going to get it resolved any quicker, quite the contrary, it is only likely to lead to confusion. Stick to a single topic and when you have responded to any questions from the OCE wait for them to advise further. This is not real time support.

Community Team

Hi @W130SN

I can see that you have an open complaint with our CEO office. 

Because of this, we on the community cannot interfere with any ongoing investigation. 

I will contact the CEO office and ask them to pick up this 

I hope you get the resolution that you are looking for.

Regards

W130SN
Chat Champion

@fergusonit certainly was not spamming. Unfortunately it looks like your stars and badges have gone to your head.

Thank you @OCE_Arne your help is appreciated.

TalkTalk BorkBork
ferguson
Community Star

Posting numerous topics regarding the same issue is regarded as spamming. You should read the community guidelines before engaging with the community again. 

W130SN
Chat Champion

@ferguson  I have read them, was that some form of threat?

That majority of Community Stars seem to be very helpful.

I request that you do not involve yourself in my threads as you seem to have a personal issue with me.

Request that the other Community Stars and OCE's deal with my issues.

Regards

TalkTalk BorkBork
ferguson
Community Star

Not at all, just explaining how the forums work and why I moved your posts as I did. Had I not done so the OCE would now be wasting their time on multiple topics repeating that they cannot help because you have complained to the CEO. Judging by the tenor of your remarks any personal issues seem to be entirely yours.