cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Down - WiFi Hub Constantly disconnecting/reconnecting

W130SN
Chat Champion

@ferguson  I have a serious issue which is costing me time and money. I do not have time to deal with a volunteer moderator who appears to have a chip on their shoulder and is doing very little to resolve my issues.

Unless you are assisting me in finding a resolution I would ask that you refrain from any further comments in my threads.

Regards

TalkTalk BorkBork
W130SN
Chat Champion

Request an update/progress report.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi W130SN

Apologies for the delay.

I can see that OCE_Arne has escalated your complaint to our CEO's Office. You will be contacted by a Complaints Manager as soon as possible.

Thanks

Debbie

W130SN
Chat Champion

Could you please confirm with the complaints manager from the CEO's office that we are available for the appointment on Friday 26th by an OpenReach Engineer.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi W130SN

Have you been contacted by a Complaints Manager?

Thanks

Debbie

W130SN
Chat Champion

Yes, thank you. Just had a guy called Steve contact me to confirm the appointment on Friday 26th

Thank you for your help.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi W130SN

Thanks for letting us know.

The Complaints Manager should also provide you with contact details so you can get back in touch with them.

Debbie

brandyman
Super Duper Contributor

Hi W130SN

Has your loss of telephone service been resolved?.  I only ask because from your posts you should have been receiving Automatic Compensation for loss of service.

From the 1st April 2019 ISP's are now required to pay Automatic Compensation for loss of internet or telephone service.  Loss of service is defined as no internet or unable to make/receive telephone calls

The amount of Automatic Compensation is £8 per day and should be added to your account as a credit.  It matters not whether it is Talktalk or Openreach who are at fault. The onus for paying Automatic Compensation lies with your provider.

From what you are saying in your posts you should have got 1 day Automatic Compensation for the failure to repair your telephone line by 23.59pm on the 10th April (IE line not repaired until 11th April). You reported that the fault re appeared on 16th April and if line is still not restored you should be getting £8 per day Automatic Compensation from 19th April which to date in addition to the one day is a further 10 days totalling £88.

This scheme was implemented by Ofcom to ensure that ISP's treated customers fairly in terms of compensation and to encourage them to be more proactive where customers suffer a loss of service.  As the scheme implies it is Automatic Compensation so you should not have to apply for it. 

I would recommend anyone who suffers such loss of service to ensure they get this Automatic Compensation.  I realise that it can place a heavy financial penalty upon ISP's but as Ofcom have said the scheme is designed to ensure that ISP's become more pro-active in dealing with customer loss of service. 

W130SN
Chat Champion

Thank you @brandyman 

I am aware of the scheme but so far have not heard anything about compensation from TalkTalk.

As my landline and broadband wasn't fixed until yesterday, I am waiting until the weekend is over to see if the fault returns.

I shall definitely be on to TalkTalk should I not hear anything about compensation.

It is interesting because they must have a system to highlight faults to be able to arrange automatic compensation, this makes me ask the question as to why they wait for a complaint from a customer to investigate a fault and why don't they immediately fix the problem.

TalkTalk BorkBork
brandyman
Super Duper Contributor

@W130SN 

They are not obliged to contact you re Automatic Compensation. All they have to do is credit your account and they do not have to advise you they have done this.  They have to pay within 30 days of the fault being fixed.  I would keep an eye on your account over the next 30 days. It will be interesting to see if what you are due is credited.

W130SN
Chat Champion

Thank you @brandyman will definitely keep an eye on my account and will update the thread after 30 days.

Cheers, have a great day!

TalkTalk BorkBork
cliff60
First Timer

im having probs with my internet as well.

Keep losing connection. usualy only down for a few mins then comes back on its own. but it does it several times a day. last month it was going down every 30 mins for a few mins then coming back again. It was then ok for a few weeks now its started doing it again.

Changed the filter as advised but had to buy a new one as i wasnt given a filter when they moved my line to a new adress. the old socket in my old home had a built in filter the new socket hasnt got a built in filter and was told by open reach they dont supply them anymore and i have to buy them myself.

But when i switched to fibre at my old address they told me they only do sockets with built in filters. now its they dont use built in filters.

The prob is not a talk talk prob its BT cutting conections and slowing down  speed to try and get customers to go back to them. They have been taken to court on numerois accasions for doing that and BT have been found guilty every time.

I rent my flat and the landlord has a BT conection in the house for the tennants to use. but i use talk talk cause its a lot faster and cheaper and more reliable.

With the BT connection i only get 125Kbs from the promised 20meg if i can get a signal. with talk talk i get 80Meg from the promised 80 meg sometimes i get upto 100meg for half the price of BT

W130SN
Chat Champion

Hi @cliff60 

Sorry you are having problems too. It is probably best you start your own thread.

Also make sure you have provided your contact details on your profile, that way the OCE's can access your account and provide support.

All the best

TalkTalk BorkBork
W130SN
Chat Champion

My complaint was closed as the OpenReach Engineer fixed my landline and broadband on Saturday.

Unfortunately the fault has returned and the landline is down again with broadband disconnecting and reconnecting.

Please re-open the complaint and investigate/arrange an engineer.

Cheers

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi @W130SN

Line tests are not picking up any issues,  Would you like us to send you a replacement router? 

W130SN
Chat Champion

Yes please @OCE_Arne 

Line went down yesterday but came back this morning. It would be good to rule out a router issue. Cheers

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi W130SN

I've ordered a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

W130SN
Chat Champion

I have received the replacement router and installed it.

So far it doesn't seem to have made much of a difference and now the home phone landline has gone down again.

Please test the line and mark the fault on the landline and investigate.

Also could you update the router firmware.

Many thanks

TalkTalk BorkBork
Community Team

Hi @W130SN

I have updated the firmware.  We are picking up a loop fault, this could be caused by internal setup, we need to run a line test with all equipment removed from the master socket. 

Can you post back when everything is removed.

Thanks

W130SN
Chat Champion

@OCE_ArneI will remove everything from the master socket now and leave it that way for the next 2 hours.

Will re-connect at 12.30

Cheers

TalkTalk BorkBork