Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Down - WiFi Hub Constantly disconnecting/reconnecting

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @W130SN 

The same fault has been detected, so ill pass this to our network team to investigate. 

Let you know what they find. 

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Arne

Thank you for the message.

I have read and understood the page about Engineer Charges.

Somebody is available here 24/7 to allow access to an Engineer. They may call me on *********** (not working landline) *********** (mobile)

I would prefer a AM Morning appointment if possible.

Please confirm when the appointment is booked.

Thanks for your help.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi @W130SN

Sorry for the late notice, the engineer is booked for this morning between 8am and 1pm. 

Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Hi @OCE_Arne 

Unfortunately the Engineer never showed up or telephoned.

Although at the moment the landline is now working and the internet connection seems OK.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid
Actually, having run a few speed tests, the connection is very slow.
TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Sorry about the engineer, I'll chase this up with our network team and let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Really terrible broadband speeds at the moment.

Have tried turning off for 30 mins but no joy.

Am disappointed that this issue has still not been resolved.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

Sync speed is currently 76.6Mbps. and stability seems much improved over the last 3 days. What sort of throughput speeds are you getting? Are you running the speed tests on a devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wi-fi?

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid
Hi Chris, I am running speed tests on both Ethernet and Wifi.

Stability has improved but speeds are up and down.

I will continue to test over the next 48 hours and get back to you.
TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team
Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Just to confirm, speeds are terrible, really abysmal at the moment.

An OpenReach Engineer has been booked for tomorrow morning so hopefully this can be resolved.

@OCE_Chris @OCE_Arne @OCE_Debbie 

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know how you get on following the engineer visit.

Thanks

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

The OpenReach Engineer arrived a little before 12.00 and left before 12.30

Unfortunately he said he needs access to a box that is in the grounds of St Johns School and the School won't allow that during School hours and after School hours the Caretaker is not available.  OpenReach and TalkTalk need to liaise with St Johns to make an appointment.

https://www.st-johns.ealing.sch.uk/

I also request £25 compensation to be credited to my account for the missed Engineer visit on Friday 10th May

Autocomp-small

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/phones-telecoms-and-internet/advice-for-consumers/costs-and-billing/automat...

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

You don't have to claim compensation, the new rules mean that this will be paid automatically.

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid
Unfortunately the compensation isn't automatic yet and unless it is claimed it will not be processed.
This was confirmed by the CEO Complaints Team.
TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

Yes it is, read the link you posted yourself.

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid
@ferguson I have previously requested that you do not post in my threads unless you are helping me to solve the problems with my landline and broadband.
TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

These are public forums, if you post something inaccurate that others may read then it is not unreasonable to correct that.

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

@fergusonUnfortunately it is you with the inaccurate information. At the moment there is no TalkTalk Automatic Compensation, it has to be calculated and applied manually.

This was confirmed via a conversation with Hatty from the TalkTalk CEO Office talktalk_ceo@mailgb.custhelp.com

I suggest you educate yourself or maybe supply the correct information to the TalkTalk CEO, I am sure they will appreciate the information.

TalkTalk BorkBork