Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Down - WiFi Hub Constantly disconnecting/reconnecting

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

I'm really sorry about this, I've passed on your comments to our CEO's Office, one of our complaint managers will contact you to discuss your complaint and hopefully offer a way forward, apologies again for any inconvenience

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Thank you for your help Chris.

Please ask the CEO's Office to contact me via Emal NOT via Landline.

Many thanks

Regards

Asif

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Landline dead again.

Broadband cutting out again.

If an Engineer is required then please make sure that they have contacted St Johns School for access to the openreach/bt cabinet.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

LANDLINE IS STILL DOWN AND STILL HAVE PROBLEMS WITH BROADBAND.

PLEASE TEST THE LINE

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

I still have faults with my landline and broadband, landline is totally dead, broadband keeps cutting out..

On my latest bill I was charged £65 for a missed engineer appointment on 16/05/2019. This is incorrect because we were home and the engineer visited but he was unable to access the OpenReach/BT equipment because it is in the grounds of St Johns School and they would not let him access it during school hours.

I am also owed compensation of £25 for an engineer visit where the engineer failed to show up on 10/05/2019.

I am also owed compensation for the ongoing loss of home phone and broadband. It is clear that TT do not have a automatic system for compensation.

Please read ALL of the following:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre-Broadband/Broadband-Down-WiFi-Hub-Constantly-disconnecting...

I request an immediate refund of the £65, payment of the £25 and full calculations made as to the compensation I am owed due to not having a working landline or broadband connection.

Any further engineer visits need to be organised with St Johns School as that is where the equipment is and where the fault is.

I expect this to be dealt with satisfactorily with 7 days or I will be contacting OfCom.

Regards

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

I can see that your complaint has been assigned to a Complaint Manager in our CEO's Office, have they been in touch? The complaint manager will be able to assist with any issues you have with your service and any questions you have about refund/compensation etc

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Could somebody carry out a line test to confirm that I have no working landline and inform the CEO office Complaints team/Cheryl Bigby CEO Case Manager TalkTalk for me.

Many thanks

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

Line test is showing a potential fault - is there no dial tone?

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid
@OCE_Chris the line is totally dead, no dial tone.
TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

OK thanks, I've passed on your comments to our CEO's Office as requested

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

@OCE_Chris 

Please ask the CEO Technical team to contact me via EMAIL not telephone.

Many thanks

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN,

I've passed on your request to our CEO's Office 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

The engineer has been unable to fix the fault as the openreach/BT equipment is located in St Johns School and they will not allow access during school hours.

I have explained the situation on numerous occasions to TalkTalk. TalkTalk need to contact Ealing Council to resolve this issue.

I now request that this situation is given you full attention. My next step will be to contact Ofcom.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN

I'm sorry to hear this.

Openreach would need to liaise with the school/council to arrange a time to visit. Did the engineer advise that they would be arranging this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid
The Engineer said he would report it to his Manager but did not say what other steps they would take.
TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN

I have asked our Network Team if they can check this with Openreach and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi W130SN

Our Network Team have advised that unfortunately it is not TalkTalk or BT’s responsibility to arrange access to a premises or speak to a council. 

You would need to arrange this and let us know so that we can pass this on to Openreach to arrange the visit. Apologies for this.

The engineers notes advise that they were unable to gain access and spoke to the caretaker and this may also need a survey to be completed.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
W130SN
Wizz Kid

Thank you for the reply @OCE_Debbie , in this case I now request my TalkTalk contract is cancelled so that I may go to Virgin.

TalkTalk BorkBork
Highlighted
ferguson
Community Star

You cannot cancel your contract via the forums, you have to follow the process contained in the help article here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737