Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband- Intermittent sync error

16 REPLIES 16
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good Evening,

I've tried to report issue with your online chat team.They stated that are running test. At the end they asked to run "invasive test" and that connection would be lost. I've agreed as desperate, but they explained that in order to run the test I need to have "You need to choose either "Continue with the checks using 3G/4G connection or Chat us back using 3G/4G connection when available". I do not have internet on my mobile and they refused to conduct the test.

Long story short last 2 days My internet connection keeps dropping approx every 10-15 mins, red light appears on the router where Internet is and then comes back. We do not use the phone line(not connected at all) and as far as got from threads with this issue is due to wiring problems. For the 2 years that I' using TalkTalk I never before had any speed or connectivity issues. This is repeating over and over, speed is decreased. That is huge issue for me especially at the moment as I work from home and internet connection is vital. I work in bank as system analyst and when internet drops all my system and links drops and progress is lost. It's causing me immense stress and anxiety as falling behind with my work.

Please can this be escalated and engineer send to resolve, as from previous threads is clear that is wiring issue and would not resolve itself.

Kind Regards

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @lyubomir_g ,

You will get faster support from live chat or over the phone during opening hours. The OCE's on this forum will be able to help, but they don't often work weekends, so it is likely to be Monday or Tuesday before they would pick up this post.

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this issue you will need to update your community profile to include your name, telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to check your router and your connection for you.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your communities profile.

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Skynet_TX,

I've updated my profile and it does contain the relevant information. In regards the chat as I explained in my post, unfortunately they were not very helpful. They tried to conduct some test of the network and the connection, asked me what is the master socket. After they completed supposedly couple of test they asked if ok to conduct home equipment checks and if I do not have mobile with internet they can't continue. Do not believe they can help to be honest, they just follow checklist and got no clue what the issue is. Spend 1 hour chatting. 

Do you have  phone number that is for tech support by chance? Would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks Lyubo

Highlighted
Community Star

@lyubomir_g and @Skynet_TX, the big flaw in the Chat support is that you lose connection when they run the tests.

Even with a bit of mobile data available,  I have found that the Chat just never holds.  

If you are able to wait, @lyubomir_g, the forum is your least stressful option.  It is likely to be at least Monday,  however, before staff reply. Best to wait for a response before posting further,  to keep your thread moving forward in the workflow.

You can try this number,  but it may not be available either before Monday:

0345 1720088

Gliwmaeden2
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi lyubomir_g,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Updated

Highlighted

Hi lyubomir_g

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Debbie,

Yes please, I'm desperate as it affects my work. Today it cut down 2 wiles I was on a conference call at  15.08PM, 15.23PM  and 15.48PM.

Also the speed is more like from the 90s and range between 8-9 mbps to 12-15 mbps. 

Some of the interruptions in your logs might be from me resetting the router. For example yesterday after 17.00 as internet was so slow could not load the TalkTalk account to update my phone. After reset speed improved temporarily.

Looking forward to receive the test router.

Regards Lyubo

Highlighted
First Timer

Hey Lyubo,

It may be worth doing a BT silent line test. If you call 17070 from a handset (Option 2) and it should be crystal clear and silent. If its crackling or has any noise on the line, this could cause performance issues and potentially cause slow downs/reconnections. If that's the case, unplug any extensions and try it from the master socket. repeat the test again but if its the same, it could be a fault with a microfilter. Either way, I'm sure a nice OCE will get you sorted ASAP.

Thanks

Chris

--------------------------------------
Talk Talk Faster 150 Fibre - Expected Speeds 135MB Down 22MB Up
Highlighted
Community Star

@chrisnorcup The silent line test is a BT feature, on TalkTalk 17070 will just check your number and read it back to you.

Highlighted

Hi lyubomir_g

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good Afternoon, received the router this morning and set it up just after work. So far so good and the speed looks much better. Hopefully that would resolve the issue.

Thanks for sorting this out, as I reported the case on your customer service team on Facebook, they are sending engineer to check and inspect if wiring there is some sort of issue. 

Yesterday was particularly bad and internet was dropping every 2 min. virtually my day at work was lost. 

Thanks you very much for sorting new router so quick, would post back the old one next week as I'm still quarantined till Saturday.

Regards Lyubomir

Highlighted

Hi lyubomir_g

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂 There is no rush to return the old router, please only do this once it's safe to do so.

Would you like to keep the engineer visit or cancel this visit?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good Afternoon Debbie,

Yes would like to keep the engineer visit. Yesterday and this morning also there was drop outs. Way less frequent than before, but still a problem.

Many Thanks Lyubomir 

Highlighted

Hi lyubomir_g

Thanks for your reply. Please let us know how you get on following this visit.

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Good Evening Debbie,

Yesterday the engineer came over in the morning and established that there is problem with the link/wires between my home and "greenbox". So he did explained another team would come either same day or following day to fix it. May be 2-2.5 hours later the next team came over and established that one of the links down the street got flooded and full of water. He did fixed it and explained that after the fix the connection test is giving expected results and the problem should be resolved. Since he left the connection is stable and had not experienced any drops in connectivity. Just came back from post office and posted you back the router, that we now know is completely functional.

Thanks you for your help and assistance resolving the problem. 

Highlighted

Morning,

Thanks for keeping us updated and I'm glad to hear that the engineers have located and resolved the fault.

Thanks