Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Intermittently Disconnecting

24 REPLIES 24
karl1971
Popular Poster

My Broadband randomly disconnests several times a day across both LAN and wifi connections for a couple of minutes on each occasion - can you review my line and see if you can pick this up and why it is happening please?

It has been happening for the past 3-4 weeks now and is getting really frustrating.

My phone line is fine and the dial tone is good and clear.

postcode is REMOVED

Community Team

Hi karl1971 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

karl1971
Popular Poster

Profile updated

BUMP

Community Team

Hi karl1971,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Do the drops in connection appear to be weather related? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

karl1971
Popular Poster

Hello,

No the drops in connection don't appear to be weather related.

My master socket does not have a test socket (I'm not even sure what that means) ?

Can I get this looked into further please - this seems to be happening quite frequently and is disrupting our online experience.

Mr Partridge

karl1971
Popular Poster

I have been disconnected at least 5 times already today - getting a little unbearable now.

Been a customer for 13 years, Considering switching to another provider if this cannot be resolved.

g1gop
Wizz Kid

This has been happening more and more to me also. We have had many 'failed recordings' on a tv channel provided by internet because the link has reset.

Those who do not learn from Dilbert are doomed to repeat it
martinalebar
First Timer

The same is happening to us as well. The connection is dropping off constantly like someone would be reseting the router. We tried to call customer support, but it takes 15 minutes to get to someone and past security checks by which time the connection is already back and they say they cannot see anything and that we should call when the connection is not working. I really don't have time to spend hours a day just to talk to someone explaining my postcode. 

The phone customer support is completely useless and it takes so much time just to start talking about your problems. I would assume this costs you money so I really don't understand why there are so many security checks, just to let you know we have a technical problem, I am not trying to change my billing details.

We moved from Virgin to TalkTalk because of the appalling customer support and now we have the exactly the same problems here. 

Community Team

Hi karl1971,

"I have been disconnected at least 5 times already today"

The line history and authentication logs show 3 reconnections all day yesterday and one of these was at around 7pm, are you experiencing the dropping connection on devices connected to your router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

Community Team

Hi martinalebar and g1gop,

If you need assistance can you please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

Undermanager
Popular Poster

I have the same problem here. Very frustrating. It's been happening a lot more recently. I suspect the router is at fault (again).

Community Team

Hi Undermanager,

If you need assistance please start your own thread and we'll be happy to help

Chris

karl1971
Popular Poster

I am experiencing the dropping connection on devices connected to my router cia Ethernet cable AND wifi

Community Team

Hi karl1971

Apologies for this.

Which router are you currently using, the HG633 or DSL3782 router?

Thanks

Debbie

karl1971
Popular Poster

My router died a few years back so I had to replace it myself with a TPLINK TD-W9980.

I have recently spoken to your Live Chat people and am being sent out one of your Super Routers - it is due to arrive tomorrow. I will test that out and see if this solves any of my problems.

Will report back here in a few days or sonner if my problem persists.

Community Team

Hi karl1971

Thanks for your reply.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

karl1971
Popular Poster

I now have the DSL3782 router.

I have logged onto this and can see immediately that it disconnected around 5am this morning (about 14 hours ago - it is currently 19:01pm).

This leads me to believe that the problem is not solved and am still having disconnection issues.

Bojangle
Chatterbox

Ah! the wonderless, wireless-less  DSL3782 router, thats what all existing recontracted customers get conned with.

Brand new customers get the rated Huawei HG633 Super Fibre Router.

Gives them a false sense of security until they realise who they've actually signed with.

Community Team

Hi karl1971,

I'd suggest leaving it over the weekend and if you could bump the thread on Monday we'll see how it's been. If there's no improvement we'll ask our network team to investigate

Chris

karl1971
Popular Poster

Lost connection Last Night again

Message as of 17:16 this evening

Connection Uptime:

0 Day 15 Hour 49 Min 49 Sec