Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Service Status

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Insightful One

I am running a setup unchanged for over a year now but a while ago the sync speed dropped and more recently download performance has been variable.  Consequently I have just checked the service status, whcih came back with the following:

Birchcroft_1-1579534321171.png

The router shows an uptime of 133 hours and the stats for download look good, although the stats for upload are not as impresive, they are as follows:

Line Statistics

Downstream            Upstream                
Actual Rate59997Kbps18999Kbps
Attainable Rate70081Kbps27012Kbps
Path ModeFastFast
Interleave Depth11
Actual PSD7. 2dB12. 6dB

Near End                 Far End                   
TrellisONON
BitswapONON
ReTx1 1 
SNR Margin8dB10dB
Attenuation17dB21dB
CRC132068
FECS0s8603s
ES1s4748s
SES0s2002s
LOSS0s0s
UAS30s24821s
HEC Errors00
RS Corrections00
LOS Failure120
LOF Failure00
LPR Failure012
NCD Failure00
LCD Failure00
NFEC3232
RFEC1616
LYSMB1616

So while the health check is showing stability issues and disconcents (even though uptime is 133 hours and I have not really  noticed any disconnects) it is also saying that it has tested the connection and there are no known faults.  So my question is are there any further tests that can be carried out to show what the problem may be and how to go about resolving it?

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @Birchcroft your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear during tomorrow.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
Highlighted
Insightful One

@Divsec Thanks

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Birchcroft,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, the connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, what speeds were you previously receiving?

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

@OCE_Michelle  It has been stable at the current rate for a few weeks now, but prior to that it was syncing at ~65 to 70.  The actual rate it is syncing at isn't really the problem, although one would always like better.  The issue is that performance has been a bit variable and your service checker reported problems and disconnects, although my router shows no recent disconnects (see original post).  the real time service check is now not seeing any problems, so possibly there is an intermittent issue,  which of course are always the hardest to detect.

Highlighted

Hi Birchcroft,

Ok thanks for letting me know. Are the performance issues also intermittent? What performance issues are you specifically experiencing? Is this slow throughput speeds or slow web pages/browsing? Are you also wired or wireless when this happens?

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @OCE_Michelle the performance issues are indeed intermittent.  They can be both slow throughput and slow webpages/browsing.  They include rare dropouts of internet radio, slow downloads, downloads which appear to hang for a while before resuming.  They occur across a variety of devices connected variously by cable and wireless.

I realise than in some cases it could be a problem with the remote servers and/or other parts of the internet rather than my connection.  However, I don't believe that this is normally the case particularly as your realtime status monitor shows problems from time to time, as shown in the first post.

Highlighted

Hi Birchcroft,

Thanks for confirming. Does it seem to be weather related at all? Is the voice service ok when this happen?

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

The initial drop of sync speed happened when we had extreem rain here, and may well have been weather related.  However current performance issues do not appear to related to the local weather.  As for the phone that appears to be working fine.

Highlighted

Hi Birchcroft,

Ok thanks for confirming this. As the line tests are clear, would you like to test a different router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

My network configuration is such that I'm reluctant to switch routers while the service remains acceptable most of the time, particularly as it would result in lost functionality.  That said, sometime in the next few days I will see if I can try a different router for a short period.

Highlighted

OK thanks, please let us know how you get on 

Chris