I am running a setup unchanged for over a year now but a while ago the sync speed dropped and more recently download performance has been variable. Consequently I have just checked the service status, whcih came back with the following:
The router shows an uptime of 133 hours and the stats for download look good, although the stats for upload are not as impresive, they are as follows:
So while the health check is showing stability issues and disconcents (even though uptime is 133 hours and I have not really noticed any disconnects) it is also saying that it has tested the connection and there are no known faults. So my question is are there any further tests that can be carried out to show what the problem may be and how to go about resolving it?
I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, the connection looks stable and the sync speed looks consistent. Just to confirm, what speeds were you previously receiving?
@OCE_Michelle It has been stable at the current rate for a few weeks now, but prior to that it was syncing at ~65 to 70. The actual rate it is syncing at isn't really the problem, although one would always like better. The issue is that performance has been a bit variable and your service checker reported problems and disconnects, although my router shows no recent disconnects (see original post). the real time service check is now not seeing any problems, so possibly there is an intermittent issue, which of course are always the hardest to detect.
Ok thanks for letting me know. Are the performance issues also intermittent? What performance issues are you specifically experiencing? Is this slow throughput speeds or slow web pages/browsing? Are you also wired or wireless when this happens?
Hi @OCE_Michelle the performance issues are indeed intermittent. They can be both slow throughput and slow webpages/browsing. They include rare dropouts of internet radio, slow downloads, downloads which appear to hang for a while before resuming. They occur across a variety of devices connected variously by cable and wireless.
I realise than in some cases it could be a problem with the remote servers and/or other parts of the internet rather than my connection. However, I don't believe that this is normally the case particularly as your realtime status monitor shows problems from time to time, as shown in the first post.
The initial drop of sync speed happened when we had extreem rain here, and may well have been weather related. However current performance issues do not appear to related to the local weather. As for the phone that appears to be working fine.
My network configuration is such that I'm reluctant to switch routers while the service remains acceptable most of the time, particularly as it would result in lost functionality. That said, sometime in the next few days I will see if I can try a different router for a short period.