Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Service

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
First Timer

I have a problem with my broadband which has been ongoing for about three months. Connection to the internet is intermittent and  works for around two hours each day. Several visits have been made by Openreach and TalkTalk engineers. The system works when they leave but fails again within 2 to 24 hours.

Each time I contact Talktalk I ask them to check my account but no, we have to go through all the prescribed tests yet again before they eventually look at previous notes and tell me that there is an ongoing problem. Another two hours wasted unneccesarily.

I now find that despite charging me for a service which works for barely 10% of the time I am expected to pay £40 for the visit of an engineer who verified that there is nothing wrong with the installation but failed to solve the problem.

Despite having been a loyal customer for many years I have had enough of banging my head against this particular wall and decided to change supplier.

I am now hit with a charge of £67-63 for leaving!

Best of luck customers, you will need it.

D.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi David_M

I'm really sorry to hear this.

We can look into this further via the Community.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Profile updated.

D.
Highlighted

Hi David_M

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible fault. Can I just check if your landline service is working ok when making calls?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
First Timer

Sorry Debbie but after three months of paying for a nearly non-existant service and more wasted hours than I care to think about in pointless 'phone calls and text conversations I do not want to do this again. 

There are better ways to spend the precious hours I have left on this earth than to wade through the prescribed tests yet again simply because TalktTalk operatives refuse to check my account notes when requested.

You have let me down in so many ways that there is no alternative left but to leave!

D.
Highlighted
First Timer

ps - why does TalkTalk keep sending me certificates for my first post, first reply, first 'like'?

I find this pathetic.

I am a grown-up, not someone at infants' school!

D.
Highlighted

Hi David,

I'm sorry to hear this and please let us know if you would like us to investigate this further for you. If the line test detects a possible voice issue then we always need to check this first as this will determine what type of engineer is needed to resolve the fault.

Thanks