would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband Usage.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi - Could an OCE please tell me my broadband usage figures for the last couple of months ?

I have found that "My Account", "Service Status" attempts to report my usage over the last month, but currently that is showing 340 Gb (Gigabits) which is ridiculously low given the usage we make of the internet.

340 GB would be more believable, but still questionable.

Many thanks in advance.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi umanu2

Usage is actually irrelevant these days as the service is truly unlimited.

With the amount of media hungry applications and streaming services these days, average usage is around 300-500 Gb per user.

Your usage so far in April is 257 GB,  March was 332GB.

Thanks

Karl. 

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@OCE_Karl 

Hi Karl - Yep totally and absolutely fully appreciate all that and thanks for providing the accurate numbers.

But are you correct when you say the average usage is 300-500 Gb - did you mean 300-500  GB ?

My point was that the usage being shown on the "My Account" "Service Status" report says my usage in the last month was 346 Gb (bits) so around 43 GB (bytes). You say my usage for March was (a far more believable) 332 GB.

The Service Status report is showing an incorrect value so either a mis-calculation or someone doesn't know their bits from their bytes.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi

Sorry, it's GB - Gigabytes for everything.  So your usage stats are in GB.  

Even then, your usage is still below average, I think my own monthly usage is around 650GB 

Karl.

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK - cheers.

So is a gentle kick from yourself in the direction of whoever created that usage stat on the "Service" page in order ?

Highlighted
Community Team