Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband check please.

ANSWERED
50 REPLIES
Highlighted
Divsec
Wizz Kid

I would be grateful if my sppedscould be checked when an OCE has a chance. My SamKnows box is reporting a monthly average of 53, A max of 69 and a min. of 45. Probably just needs a tweak. Tried a couple of reboots etc to no great improvement.

Many thanks

D

Community Team

Hi Divsec,

I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Unfortunately we can't manually adjust the profile/speed as this is managed by DLM to provide the best balance between stability and speed for the line.

Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Thanks Michelle, yes I'm sure it has a test socket, fitted less than 2 years ago. No noise on phone at all.
Community Team

Hi Divsec,

Thanks for confirming this. Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket for 48hrs to see if DLM starts to increase the sync speed?

Thanks

Divsec
Wizz Kid

Thanks Michelle I'll do that this evening and get back yo you on Tuesday with good news, I hope.

Do enjoy your weekend.

D

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Finally got round to it 16:00
Divsec
Wizz Kid
No change at the moment
Community Team

Hi Divsec

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection logs and the sync speed has remained at 49mb.

I can send a replacement router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Thanks Debbie. That would be great. I remember back in March 2017 being so happy with my first SamKnows report card showing 76!!. Looking orders to the test router.
Community Team

Hi Divsec

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Hi Debbie, new router in,in test socket, no change. Give DLM a couple of days?

Thanks for all your help.
Community Team

Hi Divsec,

Thanks for the update. It usually takes between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the speed if the connection remains stable and the errored seconds are low.

Could you bump your thread (request an update) in 24hrs and we can re-check the connection stats to see how they compare :)

Thanks

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Hi Debbie, still no change. Are there any options?
Community Team

Hi 

As the speed is staying at 49mbps I will pass this to our network team

Will post back when they reply. 

Thanks

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Thanks Arne, hope you all have a good weekend. D
Divsec
Wizz Kid
Thanks all for your help, I'll post the "old" router back tomorrow unless you say otherwise. Would a prefiltered faceplate for the master box make any difference or are any likely issues outside the house?
Community Team

Hi Divsec

I've requested an update on this fault from our Network Team and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Divsec

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

To confirm you're the account holder can you PM (Personal Message) me with the following information:

• Full Name
  • Home telephone number
  • Are you the account holder
  • How do we send the bills to you each month
  • What package do you have with TalkTalk

Note: Please do not post personal information directly in the Forums.

Thanks

Debbie

Community Team

Hi Divsec

Thanks for the Private Message.

I've requested that an engineer visit is arranged and I will post back on this thread to confirm the date and time of this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Divsec
Wizz Kid
Thank you Debbie, the download dropped a bit further in last 24 hours to 439999. Thanks as always for your help.