Community Team - TT Staff

Hi zebidee88

Is it raining at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Insightful One
Hi @debbie
Sorry for the late reply, it did rain yesterday but the worst missed us.
Highlighted

Hi zebidee88

Did the connection drop?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

No, and so far the router has managed 8 days 23 hours without a disconnect.

This is how it has behaved before, it has multiple disconnections then "behaves" for a while, then plays up again.  I don't know if it could be a failing cable that plays up in strong winds or one that gets wet and plays up until it dries out, or I could be talking rubbish. It is a long way from our house to the street cabinet (although there is one facing our front door). One day it works, the next it does not.

Highlighted

Hi zebidee88

Thanks for your reply.

If this fault does only occur after heavy rain or bad weather then this may be a exposed cable/joint.

Please let us know if the connection does drop again and also what the weather conditions were like at the time of the drops. We can add all this information on the fault ticket for the engineer.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Insightful One

Start of disconnection log

Monday  10th Feb another disconnection around 1 pm.  One day after storm Ciara  two days of heavy rain and strong winds. TT service check shows a healthy and stable connection.

Highlighted

Thanks for the update, how long was it down for? Did it automatically reconnect or did you have to reboot the router?

Chris

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @OCE_Chris 

This time I was not at home at the time, I found out by checking the router connection status,so it would have reconnected on its own and I don't know how long it was "down". 

The worst of the storm was on Sunday and the disconnect was on Monday. I will keep an eye on it this weekend when storm Dennis visits.

Highlighted
Highlighted
Insightful One
Disconnected 0116 Friday 14th Feb, rain and slight wind
Highlighted

Hi zebidee88,

Sorry for the delay. Has the connection been dropping more often during the recent storms over the last 72hrs?

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One
Hi, no just the one disconnection this time and the speed has increased slightly from 1999 to 2240. If an engineer comes it is likely that he will not find a fault as the disconnect is so random. We got quite a lot of rain but not as much wind this time. It is a long way from our house to the street cabinet we are connected to.
Highlighted

Hi zebidee88,

Ok, please let us know if the re-connections do increase and we can run another line test, hopefully when it's windy, to see if this picks up any line issues.

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

Another disconnect this morning around 3 a.m. weather rain and windy.

router.jpg

Highlighted

Hi zebidee88,

Sorry to hear this and thanks for the update. I've re-run the line tests which are still clear. If all testing has been completed with alternative routers at the test socket then we can arrange an engineer visit to investigate further. Would you like us to arrange this for you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

Hi @OCE_Michelle 

I really don't know, there is a problem but is it frequent enough for an engineer to find? We are about half a mile from our connected cabinet (although there is one 23 paces from our front door). He may well come out test the line, send me a bill and then it disconnects the day after. It has been connected for 1 day 6 hours 17 minutes. I was hoping that if I post each time I see it has disconnected that there may be a pattern.

Highlighted

Hi zebidee88,

No, I understand. Thanks for letting us know when it has dropped as we may get lucky and run the test and detect a possible line issue at the time. If this does happen then we can raise for a line investigation to be completed instead of a home visit.

Unfortunately as the tests are still clear at the moment then the only option we have is to book an engineer visit to the property.

Thanks

Highlighted
Insightful One

Another disconnect this afternoon at 1705, weather hailstones.

Highlighted

Hi zebidee88

Apologies for this.

I've completed 2 different line tests this morning and both are clear.

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Please let us know if you would like us to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Insightful One

Another disconnect at 0057 this morning, weather light rain.