Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband disconnecting and speed sesawing

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi zebidee88,

I'm sorry to hear this. The line test is still clear. I can see 2 re-connections in the last 13 days. Would you say that the connection has been dropping more often than this? Are you connected wired or wireless when the connection has been dropping?

Thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher

They mostly seem to happen when the broadband is not being used. Several times I have walked into the room, glanced at the router and the red light is on, it has been on both flashing and steady. The bulk of the disconnects are at night when nothing is in use. 

The overall wifi coverage of the house is good with no blind spots, yesterday iPlayer was buffering and freezing but no disconnect.  When the speed drops there is no difference between wifi or directly plugged in.

Highlighted

Hi zebidee88,

Ok thanks for letting me know. Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit?

Thanks

Highlighted
Philosopher

I don't think so yet, as I am not confident that he would find anything. I'm hoping a pattern might appear if I keep a running log of what happens. Nothing indoors has changed no new devices, the cable and filters do not get knocked or bumped. He could come one day find nothing, give me a bill and the thing fail the day (or night) after. Even when it is playing up the TT customer accessible checking tool says no problems found. When the customer check tool was seeing problems an OCE didn't, very frustrating.

What would you do?

Highlighted

Hi zebidee88,

I understand. If the instability is affecting your overall performance when streaming, browsing the web, etc, then I'd suggest going ahead with an engineer visit if everything has been tested. If the connection is mostly unstable when your not using the connection, for example over night, then it may be worth monitoring for a bit longer.

Thanks