Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband dropping out intermittently

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

Over last few days, broadband loses connection intermittently. Router light turns flashing red, and eventually alternate white and red, then reconnects. Then it can either last 4hrs, 10 minutes, 2 minutes. There is no rhyme nor reason to it. 

Highlighted
Community Star

When the internet light is red on the router, (or the status light is amber on the new TalkTalk Wi-Fi hub) the connection to the exchange equipment (or fibre cabinet if fibre) is normally OK, but there is a virtual path that needs to exist from this equipment to the internet. It is this virtual path that is down. This can be caused generally by:-

1. Authentication issues
  2. Network issues
  3. IP filter issues
  4. An unusual line fault that does not affect basic connection.
  5. Router configuration issue or faulty router

The best way to resolve this is for me to pass this to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to investigate the condition for you now.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays).  The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

Please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Colham

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie