cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband drops out from time to time - is this information correct?

Highlighted
Popular Poster

Hi,

So i turned off the wifi on the router and just use my pc connected to the LAN.

I only used the computer for about 2 hours, and i only had to refresh a webpage once, and a few short video clip i was watching stopped for about 10 seconds and restart (i didn't have to refresh the page or video).  I think it is an improvement?

I took another 2 snap shots on Friday and Sunday if it helps.

Screenshot_20190222-234622_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190224-125504_Chrome.jpg

It is annoying, but i think it has improved a little since i reported this.

Thanks,

Joe

Joe
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Joe,

Thanks for the update. How often did you have to refresh the page prior to this?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Hi Michelle,
It is hard to answer that really. Not really counted. I think I would have to refresh a webpage every 10 pages or so?
From the snap shots I took, I find it quite interested that in about 48 hours (Fridays to Sunday), there was only an increase of 1 error packet downstream, but a huge 397 upstream. From a post from another OCE, I thought if there were a lot of error packets (how much is a lot?), the line would auto adjust to reduce this? All I can do is keep an eye on this.
Joe
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Joe,

Ok thanks for letting me know. If there is a high number of errored seconds on the line then DLM will usually lower the speed slightly to try and reduce these errors if they are affecting the performance of the connection. Please let us know how the connection and speed compares over the next few days.

Thanks