Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband drops

11 REPLIES 11
Grzesieg
Team Player

Hi,

Broadband at home drops for some time every now and then for no reason, this also happens when it rains again. I've checked test socket and dont know what the issue is.

OCE_Chris
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Grzesieg,

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems with your service 

Just to confirm, do the light change on the router when the connection drops?

Are both wired and wireless devices affected?

Chris

Grzesieg
Team Player

Hi,

the issue happens on both wired and wireless, but more often wi-fi stops working, didnt check for the lights yet as it didnt happen.

OCE_Michelle

Hi Grzesieg,

Thanks for confirming this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. Is there any rain at the moment? Is the voice service also affected when it rains? (no dial tone or any noise on the line)

Thanks

Grzesieg
Team Player
Hi,

I don't use voice so not sure about that, but just had an outage and both wired and wifi didn't work and internet light on the router was red.
OCE_Chris

Hi Grzesieg,

Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Do you have a telephone that you can use to check if there's a dial tone and any noise on the line, if not then would you be able to borrow one from a friend or neighbour?

Chris

Grzesieg
Team Player
Hi,

router is not connected to test socket, just had an outage while it is raining and checked the phone and i could hear myself on both sides without any problems.
OCE_Chris

Thanks for  the information, can you connect your router to the test socket and monitor over the weekend to see if the connection drops continue

Thanks

Chris

Grzesieg
Team Player

Hi,

Connection still drops, wifi on phones is the worst, we are using powerline wifi adapters as well, but they didnt cause any issues for a year that I have them now.

OCE_Michelle

Hi Grzesieg,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take another look now. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line. Is the router still connected to the test socket at the moment? Does this affect both wired and wireless?

Thanks

Grzesieg
Team Player
Hi,

Router has been connected to test socket for two weeks now, wireless is affected the most, but wired connections also drop sometimes.
OCE_Debbie

Hi Grzesieg

Thanks for your reply.

Have you recently tested with a different router?

If you have tested with a different router at the test socket and wired connections are still dropping then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie