Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband goes off at midnight every Sunday

10 REPLIES 10
Kspace123
Popular Poster

Hi, does anyone’s broadband stop working at midnight on a Sunday? I find it very strange, it’s happened 3 weeks in a row now and I’m getting fed up with it. No lights on the router change colour and it shows all my devices as being connected but nothing will load with a message this site can’t be reached, I’ve tried everything from turning off the router to using a new filter, I’ve tried different browsers and even connected using an Ethernet cable to no avail, I read a post earlier on here from 2019 a lady who had similar problems but it happened every night at midnight for her. 

K spacey
OCE_Debbie
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kspace123

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you log into My Account and check to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

Thanks

Debbie

Kspace123
Popular Poster

Hi Debbie, I can’t seem to find where that setting is. I’ve never touched any settings so it shouldn’t really be affected.

K spacey
OCE_Michelle

Hi Kspace123,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Kspace123
Popular Poster

Hi, right that’s been updated.

K spacey
OCE_Chris

Hi Kspace123,

Apologies but could you add your TalkTalk land line telephone number to your Community Profile so that we can identify you on our systems

Chris

Kspace123
Popular Poster

Hello again, that’s all been updated now with the landline number.

K spacey
OCE_Chris

Hi Kspace123,

Thanks for that. Can you go into My Account then My Services, then  view HomeSafe settings. Could you then switch kids safe on and either leave it on or switch it back off again. Please let us know if this resolves the issue 

Thanks

Chris

Kspace123
Popular Poster

Right I’ve turned kids safe on and then switched it back off again, I won’t know if it’s worked until midnight on Sunday now. Fingers crossed 🤞 I’ll keep you posted. Thank you.

K spacey
OCE_Chris

OK thanks, I look forward to hearing how you get on 🙂

Chris

DubIain07
First Timer

Mine has been doing the same for months. I've tried calling talk talk, I've sent numerous direct messages, I've emailed them and do far I've been totally ignored so I'm thinking of breaking my contract and arguing about it later because it's doing me head in.