My broadband speed has gradually dropped from 32Mb/s to 21Mb/s. I have had permanent interleave for approximately 15 months.
I've just found that I have bad intermittent noise on the line. Can this be looked into please. The DLM keeps making reconnection's but everything stays the same.
DSL synchronization status
Upstream line rate (kbit/s)
Downstream line rate (kbit/s)
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s)
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s)
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB)
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB)
Upstream interleave depth
Downstream interleave depth
Upstream line attenuation (dB)
Downstream line attenuation (dB)
Upstream output power (dBm)
Downstream output power (dBm)
3 days 4 hours 18 minutes 11 seconds
I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault. How intermittent is the noise on the line? Does it appear to be weather related?
Does your master socket have a test socket? Is the noise present with 2 different handsets directly at the test/master socket with all other equipment removed from the line?
When testing the crackling over the dial tone might not be there only to come back 30 seconds later it keeps repeating like this. I don't think this is weather related because I've lost a third of my download speed and have very high interleaving which I've had for a very long time. The land line phones are not normally connected, and I did so just for testing. It is plugged into the test socket when I tested.
The line is still quiet and it has been 4 days. The DLM has not made any connection changes in that time.
System up time 4 days 1 hour 36 minutes 41 seconds
DSL synchronization status Up
Connection status Showtime
Upstream line rate (kbit/s) 4742
Downstream line rate (kbit/s) 22399
Maximum upstream rate (kbit/s) 4743
Maximum downstream rate (kbit/s) 41688
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB) 6
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB) 7.6
Upstream interleave depth 60
Downstream interleave depth 2723
Line standard VDSL2
Upstream line attenuation (dB)1.9
Downstream line attenuation (dB)19.2
Upstream output power (dBm)0.8
Downstream output power (dBm)13.3
Channel type Interleaved
DSL up-time 4 days 1 hour 36 minutes 11 seconds
Everything is just the same as before. Low speed and awful interleaving.
I'm sorry for the delay. I've re-checked the connection stats and the sync speed has increased in the last 24hrs. Have you noticed any improvement in speed since your last post?
Since my last post the DLM made a reconnection, dropping my noise safety coefficient to 6 and lifting my sync speed. The download speed has went up 0.5Mb and the interleaving is just the same. Really no improvement at all.
Ok thanks for checking. I've re-checked again and the sync speed has increased since my last post so it looks like DLM is still optimising the connection and speed at the moment.
Just to confirm, has the connection been unstable over the last 48hrs as I can see re-connections on the line? Is the line still clear of any noise? Is the router still connected to the test socket?
The connection has been stable over the last 48 hours. As far as I can tell the DLM has made two re-connections the last being 2 days ago. The line is still clear of noise. I'm not plugged into the test socket, but I am plugged into the master socket. The downstream noise safety coefficient is 5.6dB at present and will drop lower overnight, and what with the interleaving I don't think the DLM will give me any more. I just think I have a rubbish line.
The router is now plugged into the test socket. I left switched off for 1 hour before re-starting the router. The interleaving has dropped ever so slightly, but my downstream line rate has also dropped slightly. Actual download speed is now 27Mb/s. Upload speed is 4.3Mb/s
Thanks for letting us know. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to start making changes to the sync speed if the connection remains stable. Could you bump your thread tomorrow and we can re-check the connection stats again to see if there is any improvement.