Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband not working

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello,

I’m needing some help my broadband got put in today, engineer said everything is up and running and can start using so did my email I received from talktalk, having problems actually using my WiFi everything connects but won’t actually connect to the internet? Tried calling them up but they aren’t taking any calls. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ashbash91

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. Is the router connected at the test socket?

Please can you factory reset the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then try and connect again?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Hello Debbie,

Sorry I didn’t see you had replied to me till now, it hadn’t shown you had replied.

I tried doing that method and nothing happened?

Ashley
Highlighted

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for trying that

Just to confirm, is this a TalkTalk business service?

Chris

Highlighted
First Timer

Hi ashbash91,

If router is TalkTalk with little LED light at the bottom middle which flashing amber - then to reset to factory it is not 10s as per Debbie - it is 30s via reset pinhole.

use a pin such as iPhone or Android SIM eject and push it slightly till you feel a Click  - dont release it and hold it for 30-35s

small LED light should go off for 2-4s meaning router factory reset completed

take out the pin and wait for a reboot

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris

No I’ve just got this for my home. I uploaded a new number that was showing when I was trying my phone line, my actually number isn’t connecting. Not really sure what’s going on with everything. I don’t a test yesterday/this morning And it’s saying it everything is set up ok but I’ve went over every instruction for my home set up.

I really need my internet on I’m using all my data.

Thank you Ashley
Highlighted
Team Player
Hi,

My light is white that’s why I’m not sure why there’s a problem getting onto the internet? I’ve done every reset you could tell me and nothing has happened.
Highlighted

Hi Ashley,

Could you dial 17070 from your landline and confirm that the number that is read back to you is the telephone number that you've entered in your community profile

Thanks 

Chris

Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris

Yes that is the number that is telling me on that number.
Thank you
Ashley
Highlighted
Team Player
Talk talk gave me a number but that’s not the one coming through.
Highlighted
Team Player
Hi Chris,

Can you Get back to me please, I’m using up all my data 😞 if I have no data I can’t get this fixed.

Thank you
Ashley
Highlighted
Team Player
Hi chris,

Can you just cancel my contract with talktalk please?

Thank you
Ashley
Highlighted
Team Player
Can you get back to me please? There to much waiting. I just want to cancel my account.

Thank you
Ashley
Highlighted

Hi Ashley,

Apologies for the delay, this looks as though the ADSL username is incorrect, I've sent you a PM to confirm some details but if you prefer to just cancel could you speak to our Loyalty Team

Chris