Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband randomly dropping/resetting

76 REPLIES 76
Highlighted
Wizz Kid

I was requested to start a seperate thread so here it is.

At least once per day the connection dropps/resets. The router light goes orange then flashes and reconnects. streaming vids or watching tv channels via BB is not easy. Many recording fail. When you can watch it,there will always be at some point corrupted video / hiccups in streaming.

Open reach are ALWAYS at the green boxes in the street. It's a loca joke that they may as well have a hut to stay in!

Those who do not learn from Dilbert are doomed to repeat it
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi g1gop,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see a few re-connections on the line.

Does the connection drop around the same time everyday or does this vary? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Usually its just BB. But this morning we have had three BB drops and one line drop(phone saying check phone line?). It comes back up within 30 secs.

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Sorry forgot to answer your questions. Its random but mainly morning and evenings. no noticable  noise on line.

Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

Ok thanks for confirming this. Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you also have an alternative router that you could test with to rule this out?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid
test socket? yes Already tested same results. Other router? this is the second router I have had to try to solve this problem. I doubt it is that (but it always could be both are faulty)
Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

So just to confirm, you've tested at the test socket with 2 different router and the connection still drops?

How many telephone sockets do you have? Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

Chris

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

So just to confirm, you've tested at the test socket with 2 different router and the connection still drops? yes

How many telephone sockets do you have?

one

Is your router currently connected to your test socket?

no. did test. when it still dropped, it it back

Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

Thanks for the additional information. As the line tests are all clear then can you also confirm if you replaced the cables and microfilter when you tested with the alternative router?

We can then pass the intermittent connection over to our Network Team for further investigation.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

yes replaced cables and tried dif microfilter.

Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed the intermittent connection over to our Network Team now. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update on the fault for you.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

13 mins ago. The  line reset ( dropped connection the reconnected). This happened withing about 39 secs. Yet it has taken 13 mins to get internet back. I am having to ise my phone ( 4g) to msg this.

Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

Apologies for the delay. I've just received an update from our Network Team to advise that the line looks fine and that they have updated the firmware to see if this helps with the stability of the connection. Are you still unable to connect at the moment?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

connection is back now. I will let you know next time it goes

The update has lost my settings for static ip's ,names etc.

Rather frustrating as it take a good hour to go through and re set them all again! Is there no way to backup and restore these settings?

Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

Thanks for confirming this and please let us know how the stability compares now the firmware has been updated. I'm sorry to hear this, as far as I was aware the settings should not have been lost.

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

Ok just happened again. Watching Albi on TV (in the extra package so source is via BB).

Picture went corrupted then noticed the router light was orange.

As soon as I saw the corrpution I tried to log into the router's admin page. I could not. About 20 secs later I could and the router was disconnected from the internet then reconnected.

Did the router itself crash?

Is it pos to get to the logs for the 'OS'/system?

Everything back up and running again now.

Highlighted

Hi g1gop,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can still see a few re-connections on the line. Was the alternative router that you tested with also a wifi hub or a different make and model?

Thanks

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

It was one you provided. I was supposed to be getting a trial of a new type of hub but  not heard any more for a few weeks.

Highlighted

Hi g1gop

Did you receive an email to sign up for the trial?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Wizz Kid

yes and filled in the form online.