Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband randomly dropping/resetting

Community Team

Hi g1gop 

Thanks for your reply.

If you've been accepted onto the trial then you should receive a welcome email around mid January to confirm this.

Thanks

Debbie

g1gop
Wizz Kid

I have left it for t a few days and so far there seems to be no more drop outs..

Many thanks

Alan

Those who do not learn from Dilbert are doomed to repeat it
Community Team

Hi Alan,

That's great news, thanks for letting us know

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Spoke to soon. Just had it reset. 😞

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've re-run the line test which hasn't detected a fault and I can't see any re-connections on the line. Did any of the lights change on the router?

Thanks

g1gop
Wizz Kid

yes. connection lost then light changes colour and flashes. Reconnects and all ok again.

Community Team

Hi g1gop

Are any wired devices also experiencing this issue?

Do you have to reset the router or does it re connect again on its own?

Thanks

Debbie

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Yes servers and laptopand desktops all wired. All lost connection. No the router reconnected by itself.

Alan

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Ok thanks. How often is this happening at the moment? Has it happened again since your last post?

Thanks

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Yes three hours ago (approx). I don't know if it has in the night as no record.

alan

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Line history is showing 12 days with no disconnecitons then 4 yesterday and 1 so far today. The disconnection today appears to have been caused by a profile change so can you monitor the connection for 24 hours to see if there's any improvement following the profile change

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Performance of video streaming has been terrible this afternoon. From multiple sources. The actual connection to the Internet has not been lost but throughput went down to kilobits/s.

It has inproved again now.

Community Team

OK, thanks - could you monitor the connection over the weekend and let us know if you experience any further problems 

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Connection not dropped but video streaming it not usable.

g1gop
Wizz Kid

I hooked up my network to my 4G mobile and video streaming works fine. So for what ever reason the problem seems to be with the router/landline.

Everything else was the same in both cases.

Community Team

Is the device that you're experiencing the streaming issues on, connected to the router by Ethernet cable or wifi?

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

ethernet. I use wired as much as pos.

Community Team

OK thanks. 

Can you please run a set of pings and a set of traceroutes to www.google.co.uk and can you post the results. Can you run the tests on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router

https://help2.talktalk.co.uk/how-do-i-perform-ping-or-traceroute

Can you a couple of speed tests on the My Account speed checker on a device connected by Ethernet cable to your router (can you try to make sure that no other devices/applications accessing the internet at the time)

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Running tests now. I sould point out that I have two Openreach vans parked outside my house for some reason!

g1gop
Wizz Kid

how can I send you the ping and traceroute files? They are far too long to copy and paste in here.