cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband randomly dropping/resetting

Community Team

OK thanks, I'll ask our network team for an update. If you don't hear anything later today can you bump the thread tomorrow and we'll check again

Chris

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Our network team have confirmed that they can't find any issues on the network that would cause the problems that you're experiencing - They've asked if you could test with just one device connected by Ethernet cable directly to the router, all other devices connected by wi-fi or Ethernet cable switched off/disconnected

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Already been down this route. Same results.

This afternoon the system has stuttered many times. Yet download the same file and play it then it's fine.

Getting to the point of not bothering . might have to explore the pos of going 4G only.

Those who do not learn from Dilbert are doomed to repeat it
Community Team

Hi g1gop,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just to confirm, are you using any powerline adapters or a switch? As all the tests are clear then it may be worth arranging a TalkTalk engineer visit to investigate this further.

Thanks

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Router just reset again.

No no powerlines. Yes switches.

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Another reset. just now.

going to be one of those days!

g1gop
Wizz Kid

I don't know if it has any relevance  but the lconnection dropped (only this time), just after I recieved a phone call on the land line. If we get two calls a week on it that is a lot! it's just not used for phone calls

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Just to confirm, do you still experience the streaming issues if you bypass the switch(s)?

Chris

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Chris, Just to confirm, how many times will I be asked the same questions?

We seem to be going around in a circe. I The rest of the system works fine if instead of your router I use a 4G one.

Community Team

Hi g1pop

With the number of devices we can see connected in addition to all network tests here showing clear and no external errors detected by our network teams, the next option as advised by Michelle would be to have one of our engineers come round and take a look to see if they can spot an issue.

Thanks

Karl. 

g1gop
Wizz Kid

Can you explain why the router has lost connection many times and rebooted some of them?

g1gop
Wizz Kid

I have now lost all Internet channels (sky 1 etc)!

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Apologies, I'm not sure why this is happening as the line tests are all clear. Would you like to arrange a TalkTalk Engineer visit?

Thanks

g1gop
Wizz Kid
I will test my system and switches first.
Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Ok, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

g1gop
Wizz Kid

I have tested my network and switches for a few days now. (Monitored using wireshark anongst other things).

No errors found. I did find a protocol no longer needed.

There have been no errors in the past few days and (surprise surprise) NO BT OPENREACH vans near bye!!!

Community Team

Hi g1gop,

Ok thanks for the update.

Thanks