Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband redirected to new address despite asking to put move on hold

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
First Timer

Evening everyone.

I called last week to cancel a planned change of the address that my signal was delivered to as the move has been put on hold by the coronavirus.

After calling last week and explaining the situation the call centre worker said that they'd put the move on hold until April 20th when it was originally meant to be April 1st. 

I woke up this morning to no internet. And when I checked the account it said that the signal had been cut off in my current address on the 31 of March and wouldn't go live in the new address until April 20.

Both me and my boyfriend are working from home. I'm self employed and we both urgently need the internet connection restored. He private messaged TalkTalk on Twitter and has yet to receive a reply and I filled out the enquiry form and waited all day, only to receive a generic reply telling me to post my issue on the forum.

I really hope someone out there is able to help redirect the signal back to my current address as the lockdown means that any move is on hold for the foreseeable. 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi SPeddie15,

I'm sorry to hear that.

I'm afraid the only way to re-activate your service would be to place a new order to move the account back to your current address. If you log into My Account you should be able to request this using the home move service.

Thanks

Emma

Be sure to give kudos and accept your solution