cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed boost

Community Team

Hi Dan

I've checked the sync speed and this has increased to just under 46mb so DLM is changing the profile. The current sync speed is also within the predicted range for your line.

Would it be possible to leave the router switched on without rebooting over the weekend? We can then check the connection stats again on Monday to see if DLM has made any further changes to the sync speed.

Thanks

Debbie

maiders
Participant

That's fine.  I'll come back on Monday.  Thank you.

Community Team
maiders
Participant

Hi @OCE_Debbie 

Still no change my end.

Dan

Community Team

Hi Dan

I've checked the connection stats and the sync speed has increased from 46mb to 48.4mb (since my last post)

What speed are you now receiving when running speed tests?

Thanks

Debbie

maiders
Participant

Hi Debbie

Apologies for the delay.  I'm getting 41.13Mbps down and 14.42Mbps up at the moment.

Thank you.

Community Team

Hi Dan

Thanks for your reply.

The line is still showing in sync at 48.4mb.

Did you run a wired or wireless speed test?

Thanks

Debbie

maiders
Participant

It was a wireless test. I have been having dropouts today though. 

Community Team

Hi Dan

Would it be possible to test a wired connection to see if you still experience this fault?

Thanks

Debbie

maiders
Participant

I am now experiencing speeds of around 60mbps.  Sadly this was not because talktalk resolved this issue.  Talktalk refused to help me because my speed was at the lowest advertised.  About a week ago my broadband went down.  I messaged talktalk and they told me there was a fault at the exchange.  It seemed a few people in my area were affected.  When the broadband came back, my speeds have significantly increased.  So it seems that there was an issue on my line, and yet again all you get from talktalk is lies and excuses.  If my broadband had not gone down, I'd have still been experiencing the slower speeds.  Just another reason that I will not renew my contract with talktalk, or recommend them to anyone else. @OCE_Debbie @OCE_Karl 

Community Team

Hi maiders

I'm really sorry to hear this.

If you do experience any further issues then please let us know.

Thanks

Debbie